weird lope while driving... help??

smokin06

Reaction score
Alright to start off my truck is a 2006 lariat ccsb 4x4... I have studded it, new gaskets, all updates have been done (stc, turbo feed and drain tube, etc..), new ipr and icp, warren 175/30 injectors, powermax turbo, sinister rr at 55 psi, egr deleted, and a few other things.. but to the problem... alright so I will be driving down the road say at 65-75 mph and when I let off the throttle and the trucks idle will lope all the way to the point of about 30-35 mph then it idles to around 900 rpms and will still there until I come to a dead stop.. im lost and have used my snap on scanner and even ae to watch the truck and nothing seems out of the ordinary other than my icp is low at wot but mike at punch it performance says that's how he writes his tunes... I love my 6.0 and just want it to be 100% or as close it as possible..

VT365

Reaction score
Warren plugs the spill ports on his injectors.........usually causing the choppy idle and lope on let off.
I'm guessing this is what you are seeing.

smokin06

Reaction score
really? im going to call jesse today I reckon.. it threw me off, almost sounded like I had a cam in it.. haha but I know when I see 7.3s do it, its the icp or ipr 9 times outta 10..

VT365

Reaction score
I ran 190/75s in mine for over a year and they did the same thing, truck ran fine and I got used to it. Some guys argue about the bad or good in plugging the spill ports. I'm not an injector expert so I'm not really qualified to debate. But I do know Jesse usually plugs them on rebuild. Yeah give him a call, he can further enlighten you.

smokin06

Reaction score
hmm... first time I've ever ran into this one... i do a lot of the diesel work here in Columbus, and this is the first time id ever seen this.. cool thanks man

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.