Well boys need to pull my turbo

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Buy my non vgt, its never stuck. LOL just kidding. Pulling the turbo is not too hard and is pretty straight forward. Its a little heavy and you have to wiggle it out toward the passenger side. Putting it back in make sure that both exhaust v bands are lined up and seated or it will leak and drive you crazy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Nic

Reaction score
clean it but dont forget to check for any slack in the exciter ring and the pendulum... slack can occur here and cause boost loss as well

weazel

Reaction score
Oh yeah what should I clean it with, I would rebuild it or buy a new one but right now I am balling on a budget.

Oh yeah and thanks guys

weazel

Reaction score
Well I got it at the shop, I have to finish a bumper pull a 383, and then tonight sometime pull my turbo and start breaking it down, what a pain

EnterKO

Reaction score
After you remove the turbo it may be seized pretty good. I have had a few really hard to pull apart after they are out of the truck.

One tip: Use a few different sized metal putty knives to wedge between the center section, and turbine housing. I have had a few that only came apart with is method.

Good luck.

weazel

Reaction score
dont let the turbo hit the alternator with the battery still connected.... I know its a "duh" point.... but it happens and its like a spark show when it makes contact

Haha, I'll try to avoid that. It would be funny to see happen to somebody else

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
its a show...especially when they are trying to get the turbo out and set it down on top of it........ they grab it pretty quickly.... make sure you have a big pry bar to lift it up the first time as well.... they tend to get stuck on the drain tube and in the pedestal

weazel

Reaction score
Good call, some other dude brought a 6.0 truck in for us to build a whinch mount for it and I checked his Degas bottle it's puking, maybe I should swipe his lol

weazel

Reaction score
a6fa22ce-4ff7-9c78.jpg

Luckily the biggest tool in some people box it their wallet, so the turbo will be ordered tonight, hell yes

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk

weazel

Reaction score
Well, apparently I was unaware of them. Dammit. Oh well I think I will like this turbo. It will be better than the one I got now

Latest posts

Members online