What axle nut socket?

Morgalax

Reaction score
Hey all,truck is a 2016 cclb drw f350. 6.7 diesel,6speed,dana 80 rear end with disc brakes. Im trying to find what rear axle nut socket i need. I know its a custom one as per ford techs at the local dealership but i was wondering if anyone had a workaround for that(such as a specific size bigger socket). I have access to air tools and a 3/4 impact if necessary. If no one has the workaround could someone please post the exact socket or give me some guidance. Thanks in advance.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Hey all,truck is a 2016 cclb drw f350. 6.7 diesel,6speed,dana 80 rear end with disc brakes. Im trying to find what rear axle nut socket i need. I know its a custom one as per ford techs at the local dealership but i was wondering if anyone had a workaround for that(such as a specific size bigger socket). I have access to air tools and a 3/4 impact if necessary. If no one has the workaround could someone please post the exact socket or give me some guidance. Thanks in advance.

I just googled what you were asking for :shrug:

https://torqueking.com/product/1019/qt1019-ford-rear-spindle-nut-socket/

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=rear+axle+nut+socket+2016+f350+dually

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
For the love of god, do not use an impact on the rear hub nuts… it is a very specific and not very tight torque. I want to say off the top of my head it’s like 70ft lbs, back it off a full turn, and then like 20 ft lbs. not entirely positive on the numbers though. I’ll double check at the shop tomorrow for you on that. Also, one side has lh threads. And it being a fault it may have the big ass nut instead of the 4 tooth one. May have to pop your axle out to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online