What causes broken injector screens?

protraxrptr17

Reaction score
My truck had a dead miss on cylinder 1 the day I got it. Brought it home and replaced only that injector. I had a set of used injectors on the shelf. Noticed the little screen was damaged. Drove it a few days and it would miss a little bit when cold. I figured it was stiction and I needed to go ahead and replace all of em but was gonna wait till I could afford it. It progressively got worse, meaning that it would run really bad until it completely warmed up. I finally got it to show up in a contribution test as number 2. I pulled number 2 injector and sure enough, the screen was busted on it too. Replaced it with another used but good injector and everything is fine now. Just curious what could have happened? As you know, 1 and 2 are on the front of the engine. Anybody ever seen this before?

Snake

Reaction score
I tried to get an answer to this question last year, and no one had a definitive answer.

Super 6.0

Reaction score
I found this on my #5 inj just recently but it never ran rough or anything tho
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Snake

Reaction score
Did yours do it on the front two?

Mine was more random, and I cant remember which injectors were affected. I do remember there were at least 4, and some of them showed a code and others didn't. In fact some of the ones that still had a screen were bad.

Super 6.0

Reaction score
Mine managed to stay together. The screen fell into pieces in my hand when I pulled it out if the head

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wojo

Reaction score
I also had this problem. my number 5 injector went out. I replaced it and noticed the screen was gone. I put the truck back together and it ran like ****.i found out that the fragments from #5 went on to destroy #7 so I had to tear it all apart and replace #7

Mdub707

Reaction score
I also asked about this a while back and got no good answers. I've pulled some that had screens and some that didn't. The screen missing or being there didn't really seem to make a difference whether the injector was bad or not though, it was just random.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.