what stage h.p.o.p. best matches 180/80/100 oil needs ?

rayzink72

Reaction score
Hello I've had stock 7.3's for years but never dabbled into performance mods until now. But like many of us I think I jumped too quick with my choice of injector type/size . I purchased a brand new set of 180/80/100 injectors I found cheap due to a guy tearing his rig up before installing them.
I also have a brand new garret GTP 38R turbo 1" AR "which I bought the same way cheap from a guy who never opened the box" and a egv delete pedastal.
I have new bellowed up pipes and 4" down tube/exhaust. I have a hydra tuner being ordered tomorrow and I plan to use BTS tunes. Stock intake and no other mods.
I have a auto trans "no mods" and run 35" tires on 3.73 gears. I do plan on later this summer getting E-FUEL SYSTEM and possibly upgrading to a BTS trans this time next year. This is the full extent to my performance upgrades for my truck.
Can anyone give my a ball park estimate of how much H.P. / TQ. I should make after I install a upgraded h.p.o.p. and can you please tell me if a CNC STAGE 2 HPOP IS ENOUGH OIL PRESSURE / VOLUME TO GET THE MOST FROM MY 180/80/100' F.F. INJECTORS? I mainly use truck as daily driver and rarely tow with it. I have knowingly overloaded my truck " suspended with F-450 springs" with 5300 lbs of bricks in the bed and hauled them for a few hundred miles. Any HP estimates and HPOP recommendations would be great. Thanks

dsberman94

Reaction score
If only there were a collection of information on the internet with 20+ years worth of the same questions being asked and a search function for it.

Weird.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
If you go by the manufacturer's suggestion for the stage 2 pump it will work for 180/100 injectors. But would be on the edge.

A Adrenaline HPOP would work great for you.

As for how much hp? That all depends on the tunes wrote. If you have 180/100 injectors, 400 is a safe guess, it could be more with good tunes. You could see over 450, again tune dependent.

As a side note: there is no such thing as 180/80/100 injectors. They are either 180/80 or 180/100. What size nozzles do you have?

Last edited:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
u r a who're I'd smack in the mouth had u spoke slick shit from behind your phone

Back in the good old days that kind of talk from a newbie was a instant ban. Not a life time but a couple weeks at least. If it kept up it was a lifetime ban.

Lets bring back the good old days.

I am almost sorry I even took the time awnser your questions.

Not cool man, not cool at all.

Denver

Reaction score
If only there were a collection of information on the internet with 20+ years worth of the same questions being asked and a search function for it.

Weird.
The search function is great but as time goes on there comes better parts, tuning, combinations. Also as time goes on a lot of parts, tuning vendors, and combinations become obsolete and it's hard to keep track with what is still available and the latest for the 7.3. So asking a question isn't really that big of a deal.
An update is nice to have so you don't pursue a dead end. Is Joey is still making HPOP pumps and Swamps still doing gen 3 pumps?

dsberman94

Reaction score
The search function is great but as time goes on there comes better parts, tuning, combinations. Also as time goes on a lot of parts, tuning vendors, and combinations become obsolete and it's hard to keep track with what is still available and the latest for the 7.3. So asking a question isn't really that big of a deal.
An update is nice to have so you don't pursue a dead end. Is Joey is still making HPOP pumps and Swamps still doing gen 3 pumps?

Funny enough a simple trip to full forces website would tell you everything you need to know. It’s gives you the horsepower you’ll get out of the amount of fuel it’s possible to get from the injectors in big letters. It also shows that a 180/80/100 isn’t a thing. 180/80 or 180/100, and it’s not even that impressive of a stick either. Aside from that dude was sketch, if only whore was the worst thing I’ve been called in my life so far. And the address he gave was a 3 story, 6 bathroom structure.

So yea things change, but as far as the 7.3 I’m not sure how many huge leaps and bounds there have been in the past couple years since things have been cracked down on. Most “custom” tunes were at one time custom, now they’re just copied and modified for a specific computer code. They didn’t just go after emissions equipped trucks but everything aftermarket that changes a computers programming. The whole point of the forum is to keep the information to be able to reference and look up, not a Facebook style where it’s asked and lost immediately someone else to ask 4 hours later and repeat again.

Latest posts

Members online