What to do next?

goodie85

Reaction score
Ok I have all my mods in my sig but I'm still undecided on what I want to do with it next, injectors? fuel system? hpop? I have no idea, I really want a very safe reliable truck(I know power adders arent very safe and reliable), that can still tow heavier loads with, along with just a little extra giddiup. What would you guys that HAVE ran reliable and strong trucks recommend?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Do you have a HP goal? I would say either injectors, or fuel system and then injectors if you want to go with bigger sticks. You may also want an HPOP if you are going to go with good sized injectors.

goodie85

Reaction score
Do you have a HP goal? I would say either injectors, or fuel system and then injectors if you want to go with bigger sticks. You may also want an HPOP if you are going to go with good sized injectors.

Honestly I have no idea what horsepower goal I have at first I was thinking 400-500 but now I'd be satisfied with less if it ment a really strong running truck. the highest injector I ever planned for was a 238/80 combo if that would be a good idea?

bruce

Reaction score
who's kit/setup would you recommend? Also school me on pre-pump stuff I know very little on that subject, just hutch and harpoon?

i like the sump over the hutch mod but thats me. as for regulated return di, strictly diesel, irate all have nice set ups

dustinz85

Reaction score
Honestly I have no idea what horsepower goal I have at first I was thinking 400-500 but now I'd be satisfied with less if it ment a really strong running truck. the highest injector I ever planned for was a 238/80 combo if that would be a good idea?

Fwiw most ppl prefer the 100 nozzle on the 238s. A hybrid would give you way more tunability but are more pricey. If I can find it again a member said they made 406hp with 160/100 injectors

Sent from my DROID X2

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

I am not much of a hybrid injector fan. I would go with 160/100 if you want to add power and still keep great reliability.

who's kit/setup would you recommend? Also school me on pre-pump stuff I know very little on that subject, just hutch and harpoon?

I really like Strictly Diesel's RR fuel system. In my opinion it is the cleanest kit out there, and it utilizes all hard lines. Let me know if you are interested in one, I can get you setup.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Fwiw most ppl prefer the 100 nozzle on the 238s. A hybrid would give you way more tunability but are more pricey. If I can find it again a member said they made 406hp with 160/100 injectors

Sent from my DROID X2

should be many members that are just over 400hp with 160/100s.

live life full throttle

Arisley

Reaction score

Yes, hutch and harpoon, and I also like the strictly diesel fuel system. I am currently running a home built system, but I like doing things the hard way. I also currently have a sump sitting on my bench waiting on the next time I feel like pulling the tank off.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID X2

I'd disagree. The 80 is a cleaner nozzle. A 250/80 will put you into low 500 territory and tow over capacity and be a good fit with the 38r or 366

ryanss22

Reaction score
I ran a 160/100 inj from rosewood, with a home built RR fuel system and an adrenaline hpop with TW tunes, and make just over 400 hp. I loved it was a blast to drive and didn't have to do headstuds or anything like that. Depending on whose tunes you go with also do the boost fooler mod and idm mod. Both very easy and well worth it IMO...

Whytry

Reaction score
Transmission would be before injectors if it were me. I would do the small stuff first like hpop which you dont need right away but I had a good stock pump and it still threw the check engine light with hybrids, I switched to t500 and love it, Fuel system is always a plus the stock one is so restricted and if you do injectors you want to make sure the fuel is there and that it is filtered well, I went with a helman sump i think then a1000 fuel pump you could do 2 stock ones or whatever combo you want there are hundreds,

goodie85

Reaction score
valve body? hows your trans?

the trans was built by Certified and I have alot of confidence with them, they have built many trans' for my drag cars as well as many of other peoples with no issues, also I have the boost fooler mod but haven't installed it yet, I think im mainly worried about injectors and a fuel system.

goodie85

Reaction score
Also once the money comes around more I will be getting a T500 as well In my opinion its the best bang for your buck, when it comes to needing just a bit more, and not going overkill

Latest posts

Members online