what to do with crank

97stoker350

Reaction score
Taking my junk motor to scrap and wondering if I should throw the crank away to or if there is ever a need for one that it'd bee worth holding on to. I've never heard of someone breaking one but I'm sure you guys know better than I do

97stoker350

Reaction score
What do you mean? Like 8.0 liters of powerstroke? Paired with mechanical and you'd have a beast but for heui I think the gain would be minimal? Has anyone ever done one

97stoker350

Reaction score
Crank has like one or two dings in it from a rod letting loose but otherwise it's fine. I just wasn't sure since you never hear of someone needing one and I don't want to keep something and never need it. Block is junk cuz the rod took some chunks from various places with it

PSDEng

Reaction score
Occasionally when ppl do builds they like to cryo their crank, so there's the possibility that somebody would buy that as a core to have cryo'd. Call some local shops and see if they need cores, who knows you might get $50 or $100 out of it.

Izzybird

Reaction score
Spray it with a couple coats of clear and use it for the upper section of a mailbox post? Unless you live in town and don't have a mailbox.

Latest posts

Members online