What type of body shop to paint grill surround

colecoop56

Reaction score
I just moved back up to Atlanta, GA from Statesboro, GA and I am trying to figure out what type of shop to paint my grill surround. Before I left Statesboro a collision center told me that could do it for 225 which I felt was fair. What type of shop would yall use? A body shop or collision center or do they just have auto paint centers. I just dont want to use a cheap place. I am looking to get this done in the next week because the chrome is really wearing on me.

Thanks guys.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I found a really good shop up here in SC that does Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

I had it done at the Ford shop and the job was absolute crap. Junk in the paint, runs and more. Very very unhappy with D&D Ford's paint shop. Their reaction: "it's just a truck who's going to care".

When I have it redone it'll be the body shop that did such an excellent job on the flairs.

If they don't come out with the hand held meter to scan your truck's actual paint, keep going. There are subtle differences even in one color that they need to calibrate for.

Leer missed on the cap, the body shop nailed it on the flairs. Eventually they'll repaint the cap for me too. Just a little tight on $$ right now.
F350wLeer.jpg

colecoop56

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much did the guy quote you for the front surround? My gf lives in sc so I might could make it work.

I found a really good shop up here in SC that does Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

I had it done at the Ford shop and the job was absolute crap. Junk in the paint, runs and more. Very very unhappy with D&D Ford's paint shop. Their reaction: "it's just a truck who's going to care".

When I have it redone it'll be the body shop that did such an excellent job on the flairs.

If they don't come out with the hand held meter to scan your truck's actual paint, keep going. There are subtle differences even in one color that they need to calibrate for.

Leer missed on the cap, the body shop nailed it on the flairs. Eventually they'll repaint the cap for me too. Just a little tight on $$ right now.
F350wLeer.jpg

colecoop56

Reaction score
How long does it usually take. Working 5 days a week 7am-7pm I dont really want ride around with a surround off. I was hoping they could do it all in one day.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How long does it usually take. Working 5 days a week 7am-7pm I dont really want ride around with a surround off. I was hoping they could do it all in one day.

you want it to cure well before you mess with it. i would give it 2 days at minimum before i bolted it back on.

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Call your insurance company and ask for a list of their preferred shops in your area. Most preferred shops around here In Az. have to have their chit together for customer service and warranty issues.
As for time frame,we would do that as a fill job. Side it in with other stuff going in the booth. Two/ three days would be about right unless we are slow or have something it could go in with right then.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online