Whats all of our transmission choices?

jcain

Reaction score
Elite. $3500+ core.

ATS $3625+ core.

Suncoast $3800+ core

Midwest $4800+ core.

Revmax $6000+ core

We've seen what Midwest has done with their trans.

Anyone know anyone running anything else?

Suncoast says they have quite a few out there, no other info.

Matt Doyle had an ATS /Spe at DPC in his 6.7

Last edited by a moderator:

jcain

Reaction score
I'm trying to fix the problem, not make it worse Cathy

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't know about their diesel transmissions but Brian's Truck Shop can build some killer gas transmissions. A buddy of mine runs one of their 4R100s in his GT500 that will do 8.56/162mph without a rebuild all season long.
http://www.brianstruckshop.com/products_services
4r's are brians specialty. he does 5rs but doesn't guarantee them like his 4r's.. i dont think he messed with 6r's yet.

live life full throttle

stacked6.7

Reaction score
I went with Midwest. Trans should be here tomorrow or Monday! Should be back on the road next week. One pain about the 6r's is that after the trans is installed, you have to take it to the dealer to be programmed... Hopefully that goes ok. But so far I would highly recommend Midwest. Customer service is top notch!

jcain

Reaction score
I went with Midwest. Trans should be here tomorrow or Monday! Should be back on the road next week. One pain about the 6r's is that after the trans is installed, you have to take it to the dealer to be programmed... Hopefully that goes ok. But so far I would highly recommend Midwest. Customer service is top notch!

Tcm reprogram ?

jcain

Reaction score
10-4.

This morning I was starting to ascend a long steep grade and traffic was ignorant as usual. 6 lanes one way and they all want the left 2 and at 5-10 under. Anyhow, I locked out 6th and started to ease into it in 5th (tc locked) so it wouldn't downshift and when it built 15psi I changed lanes and jumped on it. The truck shook bad and I let out. It never down shifted to 4th or 3rd, it was in 5th and locked the whole time. Trans temp was 185. Crested the hill and rolled into it again and it was fine. Not sure if I blew through the tc or 5th wouldn't hold 44psi and 2120pw. I surmise it was the latter of the two.

Anyone else had this happen? Was the trans short lived following the incident? I'm fairly certain the trans is hurt. I bet my MPG sky rockets til I find a replacement trans...

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Dallas has sold a bunch of the Suncoast units buddy. No retune is needed either I believe.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
10-4.

This morning I was starting to ascend a long steep grade and traffic was ignorant as usual. 6 lanes one way and they all want the left 2 and at 5-10 under. Anyhow, I locked out 6th and started to ease into it in 5th (tc locked) so it wouldn't downshift and when it built 15psi I changed lanes and jumped on it. The truck shook bad and I let out. It never down shifted to 4th or 3rd, it was in 5th and locked the whole time. Trans temp was 185. Crested the hill and rolled into it again and it was fine. Not sure if I blew through the tc or 5th wouldn't hold 44psi and 2120pw. I surmise it was the latter of the two.

Anyone else had this happen? Was the trans short lived following the incident? I'm fairly certain the trans is hurt. I bet my MPG sky rockets til I find a replacement trans...

look at the top of the bell housing and see if she puked out the vent. mine never got hot but when i swapped to the midwest i noticed mine had puked. it was getting lazy into reverse previously and tadd at elite said that was a good warning sign. held 800+ no problem though !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.