whats this setup sound like

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Sounds like a stepping stone to a larger upgrade. Can't give any advice without knowing whats down the road or what you have in your head.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I haven't quite figured this guy out. Yesterday he wanted to know if stg 2s an a 74mil sledghammer would be a good towing set-up. I asked him in that thread what his goals were an what he planned on using the truck for, guess he decided to make a new thread instead

davey99ps

Reaction score
If your planning on running anything above a stage 1 injector, do yourself a favor an get your trans built first cuz you'll need it

97stoker350

Reaction score
i have a couple of different ideas in my head. i saw that one guy is making 600 hp on those injectors and stock turbo. yes it is gonna be a stepping stone for a bigger setup down the road but im on a budget right now and i cant decide which to go for yet. im just asking you guys' experience with similar setups and what power you got. also the tranny should be ok its a manual with single disk ceramic clutch. i also asked in another thread what hp the drivetrain would hold up to and nobody replied. i saw that some guys that have the d66, and gt38 like them for 450 hp but i want to get stuff now that some day i wont have a problem getting 600 hp out of. Does anyone still not understand what i want to get out of the truck?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
i have a couple of different ideas in my head. i saw that one guy is making 600 hp on those injectors and stock turbo. yes it is gonna be a stepping stone for a bigger setup down the road but im on a budget right now and i cant decide which to go for yet. im just asking you guys' experience with similar setups and what power you got. also the tranny should be ok its a manual with single disk ceramic clutch. i also asked in another thread what hp the drivetrain would hold up to and nobody replied. i saw that some guys that have the d66, and gt38 like them for 450 hp but i want to get stuff now that some day i wont have a problem getting 600 hp out of. Does anyone still not understand what i want to get out of the truck?

1) 600hp on a stock turbo? LOLLOLLOL

2) The power level your driveline can hold is also a function of what you're actually doing with said driveline.

3) Forget power numbers. What do you want to do with the truck? How far do you want to take it? How much do you foresee investing into it?

woodsman

Reaction score
Let's see if I can rearrange this. What I think he means is: What can I get with just swapping to bigger injectors temporarily until I get the money for more goodies...

I'm actually curious about this myself. Can 250/200's or even 300/200's be run with stock oil and turbo etc? Other upgrades are obviously in the future with the goal being a reliable DD.

97stoker350

Reaction score
woodsman said it!
goals for the truck now are to get 1 or 2 things (2000$) that will be a good stepping stone for later. i want a good solid dd right now 450-500 hp but more of a pulling and fun truck later say 600-650 hp.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Well I'm running 250/200 with stock turbo tunes and oil. It runs really damn good! I just have to watch how far I press the skinny pedal cause it will swing past the 45psi mark if I don't pay attention and my turbo is already in need of changing but that was cause I was being stupid. If you get tunes they can dial it back to make everything live like they were stage ones

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Can 250/200's or even 300/200's be run with stock oil and turbo etc? Other upgrades are obviously in the future with the goal being a reliable DD.

Sure, I drive mine daily with Unlimited Diesel's 275/200 hybrids & I'm not scared to drive it anywhere. Stock 15* HPOP, stock turbo with no intercooler, I do have electric fuel with 3/8" line, Superduty pump & a home brew regulated return set at 66psi. I avd 13-16mpg running 1 tune from MattR & he keeps smoke down to a min. If you threw the keys at someone they would have no clue it had "stage 4s" in it. Transmission is next on the list, it will over power the stocker unless the converter is locked.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
without a chip to adjust the tuning for the added fuel you would quickly trash the turbo and could cause major damage to the motor. Tuning would be needed to reign in the fuel that those inj are capable of.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.