Wheel bearing

sjk11014

Reaction score
I have a 1997 f250 and a bad wheel bearing on the passenger side front so it is cambered in quite a bit but the drivers side looks a little cambered in too. Would this be normal? I also have a 3-5" lift and 35" tires. Not sure if that effects it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TARM

Reaction score
Yes the lift can effect things. Usually as lift and tire size goes up some negative wedge camber to push top in and bottom out is needed. Ideally get them wheel aligment shop to first set it to the exact factor rec specs and then vary only from that to correct. MAny shops just got straight to what the computer tells them and it gets things somewhat whacky. I really do not understand why but for whatever reason going to spec first seems to work out best. I think on ford truck there is a long thread on it from a few years ago. Was very helpful to me.

If you have one side with bad bearings do both. Its just good practice and without unit bearings not exact costly. But even on my SD when one UB went I did both. Honestly I like having the UB while costly I can change a failed one out in 30 mins. with socket wrench.

Ideally I would like to shorten a front axle and use the 550 unit bearings as they are 30%+ bigger. That would be ideal for the larger tires many run. Issue is they are IIRC 3+ " longer than 250-350 UBs

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online