Whelp It Happened

Wicked

Reaction score
Did you have any mods to it?

Just wondering as mine is still holding on.... don't know how much longer but no signs of any issues yet!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What happened to it?

Heading to go offroading didnt want to shift a the stop light. went fourwheeling trans go to 280 limp mode put it in high idle to cool down. Trans didnt want get below 270. Decided to leave and go home was getting dark. all 3 and O/D gears shudders and slip now sometimes it doesnt want to engage. So its done LOL I just took it to ford last month to have it the fluid changed. I know it was going out the T/C would always slip. The only code pops up is "Transmission Over Temperature Condition"

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I know when my stock one went i felt the convertor slip and drove about 15 miles home and temp was higher than normal ( I don't remember what is was now) but got home and was letting truck cool down and was watching trans temp keep climbing so I know something was up. Turns out TC was all that went bad rest of the trans looked good but I had it rebuilt anyways. Was curious if this was same type of deal.

ghohouston

Reaction score
My stocker, assumed to be the 270kish mile original, got to the point after a few months with 238/100's, I could be stopped at a light, in gear, take my foot off the brake, and the truck wouldnt move until around 1500 rpms

Reaction score
You guys have much better luck with transmissions that me that's for sure. When my stocker went out I lost all forward gears. Had it rebuilt at a local Trans shop. Cost me $2500. It had 5k on it when I did 250/100's and an h2e. It lasted 2 days. slipped like hell and broke the input shaft. It got sent in as a core for my BTS. The BTS only lasted about 3k and I lost 3Rd. Of course he sent me another one. It's been fine so far. Anxiously waiting to see how it handles the new 300/400s and the s468 once it's back up and running.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That sounds like the convertor and maybe the pump getting weak too. Like not building enough pressure. I wonder how many transmissions are junked that just have a weak convertor?

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Now granted mine had 98000 had been chipped since 54000 and was thru 3 years of sled pulling and a half year with 238/100s. I lost another convertor in 2012, had the trans gone thru to be safe while it was out and they said it looked brand new, with 10000 miles and another 3 years if pulling on it. Put a new convertor in and kept going. I just wonder how many failures are just simply the TC and they pump their guts thru the rest.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.