When will EOT and multipliers no longer be used for tuning?

CurtisF

Reaction score
NEVARHHH!!!

Some are needed. I've found a few that can be neutered and make the truck run better, but others I've played with kinda screw things up.

For instance, try taking the fuel pulsewidth multiplier down to nothing in the cold temp range, then start the truck up when temps are near zero. It's going to struggle and run like crap.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Just wondering, because I think it can be pointed to as the culprit for several issues.

NEVARHHH!!!

Some are needed. I've found a few that can be neutered and make the truck run better, but others I've played with kinda screw things up.

For instance, try taking the fuel pulsewidth multiplier down to nothing in the cold temp range, then start the truck up when temps are near zero. It's going to struggle and run like crap.

Pretty sure he means for making additional power, the tables are there for the exact reason you stated and should only be used for that.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Alot of tuning uses these multipliers to make things SAFER for your engine. Like not allowing you to lay down the POWAH until the engine is up to temp. I think some people just dont understand how these certain maps work, or are using inferior software that do not allow them to see the whole picture.

TARM

Reaction score
I agree with Dave907 based on what I understand which admittedly is basic as best.

If you just take a minute and think about how the viscosity of the oil that runs thru the HPOP and injectors effects the injection process you can see there is a need for it.

No matter what or how many different tables there are, in the end it comes down to changes of only 3 things. SOI, PW, ICP The tables help control those inputs in specific ways in response to certain situations.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You can go back and nullify all the multipliers to get a good solid base tune built - but then you most likely need to go back and tweak in a few of the multipliers to take care of your unique scenario - like cold starts for instance - those multipliers should be used for just that - tweaking in a good base tune for unique instances.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The EOT fuel and Timing multiplier tables are to compensate for changes in oil viscosity that affect both fuel flow and timing. If I do use the fuel mutipliers it is only to add a bit of fuel on my max tunes but I only ever add 10-15 percent and no more. It screws up everything having to do with fuel scaling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online