Where are you getting your HID's?

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Ive always wanted HID's in my truck... and Im putting some money into the SD right now. So... where are you guys getting your HID's, and would you recommend their product? Thanks fellas

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Retro Solutions is a vendor here. I have their HID's and love them. I'm sure most people around here feel the same. Great customer service as well.

strokin6L

Reaction score
retro solutions....here's mine. 6000K 55w in the headlights and 6000k 35w in the fogs.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 51

average

Reaction score
Another for retro solutions, I did the 05+ headlights on mine and they have a perfect HID kit for the 99-04 trucks doing that upgrade.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
LOL... nuff said guys.. thanks a bunch.

Strokin... Those 6k's look bluer than what I thought they would be. Im wanting the color that the Acuras have. My wife's old TL had the perfect color HIDs, they were either 6k's or 8k's.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Retro also have 5000K HID's. The smaller the number the whiter and then more yellow the light will be. The higher the number...the more bluer then purple the light will be. The 6000K's do have some blueish tint to them, but they are more white than blue.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
LOL... nuff said guys.. thanks a bunch.

Strokin... Those 6k's look bluer than what I thought they would be. Im wanting the color that the Acuras have. My wife's old TL had the perfect color HIDs, they were either 6k's or 8k's.

Stock was 4300K. No way a stock vehicle came with 8000K.

F-117HWK

Reaction score
Why couldnt a stock vehicle come with 8000k HID's?

The higher the Kelvin number goes, the less usable light. Manufacturers will not put lights with LESS light output on their vehicles. The high Kelvin numbers (8000, 10000, 12000) are the blue/purple tinted lights that the ricers tend to fancy even though they are getting less light output.

Look at any of the LeMans racers that are hitting speeds normal cars could never. What color are their lights? Most certainly not blue. They are Yellow to White. Yellow is only seen in lights with a Kelvin rating below 4300K.

Is 8000K possible stock? Eh I guess. In an Acura? No.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
55w 5k HIDs fogs and head lights from retro solutions

Hands down the best people to deal with

Todd is an outstanding man

I recommend him to everyone I know looking for HIDs

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I see that Retro is HIGHLY recommended around here, and thats exactly why I register at these forums. I actually just got a PM back from Retro. If I was worried about installing the kit, I would call up DDM, but I think I can handle the installation.

Thanks guys. I will be going with 6000k slim kits for the headlights and fogs... might as well order the cree backuplights as well... go big or go home...

chappy

Reaction score
I have retro solutions and two friends got ddm. They have not had any issues but I have with my retro kit. I bought retros digital brand for the heads and they have been flawless. I then bought there nitevision brand for the fogs and nothing but problems. They are cheapley made so if you buy from retro only get the more expensive digital line.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Thats what I did. I went with the 55W, digital slim ballast for the headlights and fogs. Then I ordered the CREE backup lights, which should be awsome. Then added some clear LED's for my cab lights.

Latest posts

Members online