where to mount 5/8 pickup tube

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Hey all, plumbing in my dual stock pump setup. I got a 5/8 pickup from the local hydraulic place. Where should i mount it? Just drill a hole in the stock sending unit location, or somewhere else?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Just drill a new hole...in the aluminum sending unit cap.

You need to pay very close attention to setting the depth correctly.

psduser1

Reaction score
also pay very close attention to the cross member for the bed... a 90* fitting wont fit if you don't locate it in the right place...

The stock sending unit is forward of the crossmember, but it's worth double checking.
Guess I assumed you just have a pickup tube and a bulkhead fitting?

psduser1

Reaction score
Yup.
Like ty said, drill the appropriate size hole in the aluminum sending unit cap. Measure to the bottom of the tank from the top, minus 3/16-1/4", and, thread it together.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yep...it would be under pressure....once you prime it there is no real head pressure issue. The fuel.is siphoning.

I may sump mine when my leg is better. That straw is homeless if the sumps arent leaking

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
yup, i went to mako. I was like danggg this is way better than the $65 that strictly sells theirs for. Can i just measure to the bottom and cut on and angle to get the maximum depth?

mandkole

Reaction score
Cutting tube on angle reduces your accessible fuel and increases opportunity to suck air faster. Youre better off flaring the end of the tube and getting it down within 3/8" from the bottom.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online