Who's running a MPD transmission?

Duffie112

Reaction score
Debating on what tranny upgrades to do with my truck. I do tow a good amount and just want a reliable trans on the higher spartan tunes. What should I upgrade? And if your running a MPD trans how do you like it?

idkillinit

Reaction score
Picking mine up very soon. A lot of people have great luck tho untill a certain powa level. Bit I think that's the 5r110 being ****. Not the builders because everyone has issues at high HP. Drive it like you like it and it will like you back

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I would assume that the MPD transmission uses SunCoast parts. Added clutches is the only difference I believe.

My standard SunCoast has held up fine, so I am sure an MPD built transmission will work great.

extreme3807

Reaction score
MPD built transmission hasn't skipped a beat on my truck, and it has been abused alot. Just fried another turbo today actually. Hands down hit MPD up when you go that route

Sent from my DROID Pro

extreme3807

Reaction score
No clue, second single I have been through now. Tore it apart and found a bunch of shaft play and saw that some of the blades were damaged. Sending it in to get upgraded tomorrow. Sorry for the derail!

Sent from my DROID Pro

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Post pictures of the wheel.if you can... guessing the thrusts are out.

What air filter you running

extreme3807

Reaction score
The turbo is boxed up for shipping but a buddy has a few pics ill snag from him. I am running the AF that comes with the MPD kit. The turbo was pretty much junk. Seal was shot also. Luckily bullseye is being cool about it all

Sent from my DROID Pro

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Same as craigs first 475
we have the same turbos

he has oil contamination found a few metal shavings in the oil filter
the last turbo went up for the same reason hes gonna put a inline oil filter to the turbo this time

Dzchey21

Reaction score
he has oil contamination found a few metal shavings in the oil filter
the last turbo went up for the same reason hes gonna put a inline oil filter to the turbo this time

So.... where's the metal coming from. That's no Buenos

extreme3807

Reaction score
Yeah S480... I definitely am getting one done, I found about 4 tiny metal pieces in the oil filter. Could barely see them but the oil also hasn't been changed since getting all the motor work done. Going to change oil and filter tomorrow, send oil sample off then wait for the new turbo to get in

Sent from my DROID Pro

Latest posts

Members online