Wires Touching Valve Cover?

Kae006

Reaction score
Cleaning up the engine bay the other day and I noticed the large wiring harness rests on top of the driver's side valve cover just above where the wire loom ends. Is this normal? If not what can be done to raise it off the cover and/or protect it from the heat of the cover?

ja_cain

Reaction score
This caused a short on my truck. I think I just pulled it up a little using a zip tie attached to a nearby bracket. I think you could put some loom tubing around it to keep the zip tie from cutting into the wires. Make sure you inspect the wires real good and address any potential wire insulation issues now.

Kae006

Reaction score
I just zip tied it to a nearby line that was enough to lift it off the cover. Noticed there were some other capped lines there too, any ideas what they are?

52D93C98-831A-467E-94D9-E1014F242287_zpss2uzcyij.png

C62AD77C-3553-4F03-A64A-205414E1C947_zpsxq1ewynp.png

joebuck

Reaction score
This caused a short on my truck. I think I just pulled it up a little using a zip tie attached to a nearby bracket. I think you could put some loom tubing around it to keep the zip tie from cutting into the wires. Make sure you inspect the wires real good and address any potential wire insulation issues now.

Had the same thing happen to me,so I had some extra 1/2" transmission cooler line so I split it down the middle,wrapped it around the bundle where it rests on top of VC and electrical taped it all real well,haven't had a issue since,just how I delt with it!

ja_cain

Reaction score
Had the same thing happen to me,so I had some extra 1/2" transmission cooler line so I split it down the middle,wrapped it around the bundle where it rests on top of VC and electrical taped it all real well,haven't had a issue since,just how I delt with it!
That's a great way to do it too. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Members online