Wiring help for Efuel and push button starter

Slammeddually

Reaction score
So first post here and maybe this has been covered maybe not but i cant find it so i will ask.
I have a 95 f350 dually that I am in the process of building my efuel set up as money is available so pieces at a time, i am currently working on the wiring harness and a bit lost. I am not a noob when it comes to wiring but could use some help or at least a wiring diagram. Basically what i want to do is remove my broken ignition switch and replace it with something like this (see images) now the kicker is i want to wire the fuel pump to the acc1 switch so it has to be manually flipped. What i need to know is what wires go where? The "on/off" switch will act as key in run e.g. heat glow plugs, power to radio so on. Acc1 will control the fuel pump turning on and the start button activities starter. What wires need to go where to make this happen? Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 60
  • rBVaHFYPKsGAaOjuAAFC5PnwX4Y126.jpg
    rBVaHFYPKsGAaOjuAAFC5PnwX4Y126.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51

Magnum PD

Reaction score
May be more trouble than what's its worth. Lot of wires to trace. Switch can't replaced?

Slammeddually

Reaction score
Yes i could replace it but i want to get rid of it to fit the theme of the truck. Its a lot of tracing but with a diagram shouldn't be to bad i started as an electrician so not new to wiring.

markfuga

Reaction score
I have to get out the book to verify the count, but the ignition switch is five separate switches inside the one case. One of the switches is a ground disconnect. I suggest a pack of relays for what your trying to do. The "on/off" and "acc1" would energize the appropriate relays and the momentary switch would energize the starter relay. I would use the fuel bowl heater wire to energize yet another relay for the fuel pump versus using the other "acc2" switch on that panel; just simpler and cleaner that way.

You'll need the wire diagram showing the ignition switch internals and wire colors to properly re-wire it onto a pack of relays. I know it's in the EVTM somewhere.

Another cautionary note: most of the wires going into the ignition switch are heavy gauge (12 and 10) which makes them hard to work with (bending, soldering). If possible, leave an inch or two of wire on the connector when you cut it loose so you have the option to go back to the original switch in the future.

Slammeddually

Reaction score
I have to get out the book to verify the count, but the ignition switch is five separate switches inside the one case. One of the switches is a ground disconnect. I suggest a pack of relays for what your trying to do. The "on/off" and "acc1" would energize the appropriate relays and the momentary switch would energize the starter relay. I would use the fuel bowl heater wire to energize yet another relay for the fuel pump versus using the other "acc2" switch on that panel; just simpler and cleaner that way.

You'll need the wire diagram showing the ignition switch internals and wire colors to properly re-wire it onto a pack of relays. I know it's in the EVTM somewhere.

Another cautionary note: most of the wires going into the ignition switch are heavy gauge (12 and 10) which makes them hard to work with (bending, soldering). If possible, leave an inch or two of wire on the connector when you cut it loose so you have the option to go back to the original switch in the future.

Awesome thank you for the pointer I did end up going and buying the manual just to have the wiring diagram just waiting on it to get here!

Latest posts

Members online