With all this talk of genII wicked wheel, what can tuners do for us?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, with all the talk of this new genII wicked wheel, what exactly can a tuner do to optimize the utilization of this turbo? Can they add more fuel? Can they adjust shift points? Can they change boost/fuel maps?

Obviously such a question is over my head, but am curious to know what exactly can a tuner do to accommodate the performance of this new wheel?

under pressure

Reaction score
Get live tuned, i would believe if the truck runs clean now, tweaking the tune would give you optimum efficiency, more power etc.
This would vary based on injector cc, nozzle size and hpo. Seems most combos have power left on the table.
Im planning on live tuning at No Limit after i move back east, planning on injectors by then too.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ya I def. believe that tuners leave lots of power left on the table under most circumstances, and that often times a bit of a smokey tune is left behind. I was just curious what exactly they can do on their end to counter this additional boost... if anything at all. I dont mind a smokey truck as long as EGT's can be kept in check.

Latest posts

Members online