Would you buy this?

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
I can get a core 2004 engine. Pulled with 88,000 on it. EGR failed and it lost compression in all cylinders. I can get it with absolutely everything but the injectors and turbo for $500. Would you buy it?

And since I am new to the 6.0 and I am looking at the as kind of a learning project for myself. What do you think the problem is? Did is completely blow the headgaskets or do you think that it could have been a catastrophic failure?

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
If they are being honest it probably blew the gaskets...but no compression in all cylinders makes it sound more serious. I'd pull the heads and check it over first.

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
Yeah that is what I was thinking but I would also use it for teaching me more then anything before a did a full build on it. I do get where you are coming from.

weazel

Reaction score
Like stated before pull the heads, and check it out, also if you can rotate the bottom end I would with the heads off to make sure everything moves nice and free, look it over real good. If it was me I would probably buy it to start a build with at least

bluedevilslax

Reaction score
alright new engine going to look at because i lost the other one. So this one is a running one with the computer but no HPOP with 115xxx on it.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
where you finding all these engines? I wouldnt mind getting a spare to build up while still driving mine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.