x wheel install

johndeerezach

Reaction score
so i need advice on taking the turbo warm up valve off of my truck the 5 12pt 5/16 bolts siezed on which i figured they would be. i sprayed them with pb blaster. so is there anything else i can do to ease taking off bolts. and how can i tell if i need to rebuild the warm up valve? thank you so much

bad12jr

Reaction score
Heat is your friend. A plumber torch should be able to do it. Keep the heat on the housing. Really no way to rebuild it as the rivets need ground off to remove it. Also make sure you have a high quality socket on the twelve points.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

johndeerezach

Reaction score
well i sprayed the piss out of them with that blaster for past 3 days and got 4 of the 5 off that back one is guna make me mad. i dont know how to get at that one any ideas? and yea picked up some 12 pt craftsman sockets 3/8 drive nice and shiny:D

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
well i sprayed the piss out of them with that blaster for past 3 days and got 4 of the 5 off that back one is guna make me mad. i dont know how to get at that one any ideas? and yea picked up some 12 pt craftsman sockets 3/8 drive nice and shiny:D

Spline drive sockets will hold better

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok so got 4 of the 5 bolts out and remembered that i purchased new pedistal orings so whats the easiest way to remove whole thing and then remove last bolt that is a biotch?

dietoremain

Reaction score
Its a pain but so worth it to remove it, its been so long I dont remember all the details involved.. we welded the housing and put a pipe plug in the pedestal hole, done.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
so that is were im at now, have the bolts out to take turbo off the pedistal but i am having a hard time prying off the uppipe clamp. so imma take another go at it later.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
so that is were im at now, have the bolts out to take turbo off the pedistal but i am having a hard time prying off the uppipe clamp. so imma take another go at it later.

Put a flat head screw driver on one of the edges and hit it. It should break it loose.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
thats what im gunna do thats what i had to do when i pu the 4 inch down pipe on. just figured that its siezed on there from age.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
yea that turbo is just pissing me off right now lol. i cant seem to get that band loose got one section loose but i cant get a screwdriver to sit on the edge so i can tap it loose. i gave up for tonight i doubt working on it longer while im mad is guna do any good. hopefully i can get it tomorrow night.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Just wait until you have to put that V band back on LOL
Mine popped right off but gave me some trouble getting it back on

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Yea I'm thinking of cutting it off and putting new one on. Also noticed some soot around uppipe joint I can just get those doughnuts right?

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I never messed with stock up pipes, I got a good deal on bellowed up pipes, 38r and a mount so I went that route. Try using a stubby screw driver for that up pipe band

johndeerezach

Reaction score
X wheel install is the only thing i did got it off took a little but got it. Also put new pedistal orings on also. thanks for the help. ill have it done later,gotta go bow hunting :)

johndeerezach

Reaction score
welp i got everything back together and it whistles a little more just revved in the shop. the best thing is no leaks lol. so ill see if that helps this week when i need to use it. thanks for helping guys. now what to start doing next on the truck hmmm.:shrug:

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
There is some free mods like taking the foil off the hot side intercooler pipe, and cut a hole in the header panel to get some air to air box "it doesnt help much on a 7.3" but its free

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.