X3 Sct with different stratigy

birddog55

Reaction score
I bought a sct x3 that came off a 04 and my truck is a 04 but strstagies are different do I just need to send it back yo innovative or can it be done over the computer. What is the cost?. Thanks

Nic

Reaction score
dont try to program your truck with it..it will vin lock it. you can take tune file off of the tuner on your computer yourself. Call innovative or your choice of tune writers and have them write you a tune and send it to you via email (if you dont know how this works already) ..i believe the x3 holds custom tunes only unless the previous owner bought the preloads for it. Custom tunes usually run about 80-90 bucks..check to see if its locked or not..i believe theres a total of 5 unlocks in a tuner..if you still have some left, you can tune and retune YOUR truck as many times as you want, but tuning another truck tags an unlock. You can check this by plugging in the tuner and selecting "device info" and it will tell you whether its status is locked or unlocked and how many unlocks there are left. If its locked, you have to send it back to SCT to have the unlocks back..or you might be able to send it to innovative to do it too. Not sure if they have the ability to restore the unlocks in a tuner. Id call them and ask. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online