XRT Pro/Space shuttle retirement kit

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
So last weekend I drove Blueox' ride around the block and got to experience first hand how clean and better these 6.7s run. I think I impatiently waited 2-3 days to think about it...but now my kit will be in on thurs and I am stoked!!!!:flipa:
I know the mini max is better but I want it to be a sleeper...

I figured I'd be safe and ask some questions before surgery, but any advice y'all can give would be great! I will be running the stock tune of course cause I have a VERY heavy foot and would be tempted to run 150 all day. I have no air intake as of now either but plan on purchasing an s&b intake from a friend.

So Ford has all these latest reflashes and what not, I know that I haven't had it flashed once since I picked the truck up new exactly a year ago, but when you update the XRT, does it already have those flashes (like for turbo flutter/preservation/less stress) on the stock tune setting? Or is that stock tune YOUR truck's factory settings? I just want to be up to date on everything to keep it safe.

Oh and Also those certain harnesses you have to unplug up front...is it just the 2 as listed in instructions? Or is there more to it? (Plan on doing full bypass way down the road)

When first start occurs after surgery....will there be a relearn process even on stock tune? I noticed instructions were recommending to run 150hp and do dead stop runs or some s***...

And last thing ,this one may sound kind of dumb but I hear c&c trucks have ****ty turbos and all sorts of other malfunctioning crap even after deleted...my truck as you all know is a 2012 f-250 rclb xlt fx4...but I sure hope that single
Cab doesn't fall into the c&c truck category :wtf:

All advice/help/input is greatly appreciated!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
You're looking to delete it right? I didn't think you could with an xrt pro now?

It's an XRT PRO race not the street tuner, you can still find em but they are higher than a cats back. Came with the unlock code too, which is kind of nice...
your truck is not a chassis cab model

you can do whatever you want if you know how to do it
Shoot that's good news! I was hoping it wouldn't land on c&c territory like 450s and 550s and such...

Oh i know the sky's the limit but I just don't want to badly or accidentally screw something up and end up drinkin cold beer nonstop, which isn't necessarily a bad thing :toast:

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
So last weekend I drove Blueox' ride around the block and got to experience first hand how clean and better these 6.7s run. I think I impatiently waited 2-3 days to think about it...but now my kit will be in on thurs and I am stoked!!!!:flipa:

I figured I'd be safe and ask some questions before surgery, but any advice y'all can give would be great! I will be running the stock tune of course cause I have a VERY heavy foot and would be tempted to run 150 all day. I have no air intake as of now either but plan on purchasing an s&b intake from a friend.

So Ford has all these latest reflashes and what not, I know that I haven't had it flashed once since I picked the truck up new exactly a year ago, but when you update the XRT, does it already have those flashes (like for turbo flutter/preservation/less stress) on the stock tune setting? Or is that stock tune YOUR truck's factory settings? I just want to be up to date on everything to keep it safe.

Oh and Also those certain harnesses you have to unplug up front...is it just the 2 as listed in instructions? Or is there more to it? (Plan on doing full bypass way down the road)

When first start occurs after surgery....will there be a relearn process even on stock tune? I noticed instructions were recommending to run 150hp and do dead stop runs or some s***...

And last thing ,this one may sound kind of dumb but I hear c&c trucks have ****ty turbos and all sorts of other malfunctioning crap even after deleted...my truck as you all know is a 2012 f-250 rclb xlt fx4...but I sure hope that single

Get the latest software for the ecm/tcm flashed from Ford before installing the tunes. The tunes are going to change/script over the existing file.
I would want to start with the most current software.

BlueOx

Reaction score

Glad I was able to help ya make your decision bud!! That single cab is gonna scoot with the H&S on there!!

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
It's through Rudy's and he's a sponsor on here so I'm sure Ill get it figured out. Even says on his latest post in sponsor that the codes r included

Ehh you have it backwards lol

Ehh, no I don't. Check the firmwear number on the "race" tuner you just bought and hollar back at me

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Not a race model... street yes, but not race

Surely your kidding?? Lol

As for firmware I have no idea as the care package arrives tom afternoon. I will def holler at ya tho bud

OX i cant even imagine how fast this 6.7 will run on these 05 stock 17s/baby tires on performance mode, that gas mileage that one day i told u about was no lie. Maybe ill see 28-30 mpg doing 60 on performance mode LOL ..but i aint that brave yet either haha. May leave on tow but im clearly undecisive right now

BlueOx

Reaction score
Surely your kidding?? Lol

As for firmware I have no idea as the care package arrives tom afternoon. I will def holler at ya tho bud

OX i cant even imagine how fast this 6.7 will run on these 05 stock 17s/baby tires on performance mode, that gas mileage that one day i told u about was no lie. Maybe ill see 28-30 mpg doing 60 on performance mode LOL ..but i aint that brave yet either haha. May leave on tow but im clearly undecisive right now

Man just go ahead and run that thing on the performance tune and get it over with! Save yourself some time and just do it!! Lmao and I'm sure your gonna see some awesome mileage with those small wheels and the single cab configuration!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Man just go ahead and run that thing on the performance tune and get it over with! Save yourself some time and just do it!! Lmao and I'm sure your gonna see some awesome mileage with those small wheels and the single cab configuration!

Save myself some time? Negro u looked around lately? All i got is time LOL

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Everything worked perfectly...except the pipe ended up being a flo-pro but same thing pretty much...

My truck runs soooo much better and sound soooo much better! Left stock tuning on though, i know some of you may label me as a poonanny for not turning it up but my truck only weighs 5800 according to door tag, maybe less with the space shuttle gone :p
I did update the tuner to current before installing though. Idk if it made a huge difference but shifting is a little better...havent touched the transmission either. Those 2 plugs were super easy to unhook as well i didnt have to take anything off to get to the butterfly one

Latest posts

Members online