yay electrical issues!!!

97cherokee

Reaction score
hey guys a week ago it was raining and i went to use my key fob to unlock the truck and it was delayed a few seconds so i figured the battery in the fob was getting weak since the next day it worked fine and no rain.... well tonight it rained heavily again and i went to unlock the truck and it was once again delayed, started truck got going down the road and the seat belt buzzer instead of buzzing on and off it just kept on buzzing continuously, went to hit the wipers and they were delayed for a few seconds, go to roll down drivers window and it was delayed a second or two going down, but as soon as you hit the up button it goes up. pulled in to get fuel and after that everything is working normally again except for the seatbelt buzzer no longer works....
do these trucks have a body controller that all the switches run through??? also noticed that the passenger side carpet is moist up front. so im very sure something has gotten moisture in it just not sure what. sorry for the lengthy post!!! and thanks for the help.

79jasper

Reaction score
They're both linked together. Water leaks in from the windshield seal and gets the gem wet. The gem is like the body controller you asked about.
It's under the dash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

97cherokee

Reaction score
damn i just had a windshield replaced a few months ago, where in the dash is the gem located? does it have to be replaced?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.