Yes, another delta problem.

denusa

Reaction score
Hi! Long time follower, first time poster!

Here's my story: I've got 2006 F250. Back in December I did a bunch of stuff to my truck as preventative measure, which included: new injectors, new oil cooler, blue spring,EGR ******, coolant filter, 4" exhaust, updated STC fitting, new dummy plugs and fuel rails; got STC tunning to turn off EGR check engine light.

So, every time I drive my truck now my oil temps steadily climb to 230. Once it gets there it kind off stays there (within 5 degrees). My coolant gets to 190 at first, and then jumps around 198. Fan rarely kicks on. I've seen temps as high as 240. The cooler is only 6 months old, replaced coolant back in December, back flowed the whole system before that( Probably in october), new water pump, new thermostat- still high temps. Have my old oil cooler, blew thru it to see if it had any restrictions and I felt nothing. Im suspecting oil cooler by pass valve in the filter housing, did anyone have problems with it? how common is that? There is very limited information about that valve failing. Also, is there oil thermostat? I didn't think so, but a friend of mine said that some diesels have it ( he drives semi's tho). Took it to diesel tech and he said coolant system is flowing without any problems, explained delta temperatures as clogged cooler. But before I do cooler change again i want to see how common are failed coolant bypass valve in the housing and plugged radiators as well.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your time in advance!

P.S. Im in Denver, CO if that helps.

JMart

Reaction score
Which Oil cooler and EGR ****** did you install? I just went through this although my temps weren't as high as yours. I bought an oil cooler from PPE which turned out to be a reboxed Dorman piece of junk. And my Absolute EGR ****** was to restrictive and not letting enough coolant flow through my Oil cooler.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.