05 F350 Lariat options

Strokersace

Reaction score
Looking at an 05 6.0 for sale. The guy listed it as a Lariat. It appeared to be fully optioned (minus sunroof) with heated leather, adjustable pedals, power slider, backup sensors, etc. HOWEVER... it has an XLT instrument cluster, steering wheel, and dash bezel. Turn nob hvac controls. I have personally never seen a Lariat without the white gauges, dual climate control and steering wheel controls. Was this a rare lariat option? Or is this just a fully optioned XLT?

Vin is: 1ftww33p55ea21004

I haven’t ran a history on it yet. Just perplexed and wondering before I drive to look at it.

65cb1d8ee6ea2ef2bd35dda14ea7a7a6.jpg

9ee70eb837ec9295f6dba5a35f20970d.jpg

9ce6638c1b7d9a6bb8bc89b96a9ac168.jpg

e35c80110a7cd4f5ec98cf0fef3645a9.jpg

Last edited:

co04cobra

Reaction score
Back of the seats should say lariat and appear they do but it would not have been a lariat without having eatc. Even the heater boxes are different for eatc to accept their blower motor resistor.

Wiring harnesses in the truck are also different for the lariat. It’s not only a dash and cluster swap.

Also there should be a storage tray in the roof between sun visors for a lariat and the visors both should be lighted.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Back of the seats should say lariat and appear they do but it would not have been a lariat without having eatc. Even the heater boxes are different for eatc to accept their blower motor resistor.

Wiring harnesses in the truck are also different for the lariat. It’s not only a dash and cluster swap.

Also there should be a storage tray in the roof between sun visors for a lariat and the visors both should be lighted.

Yeah I knew that the boxes and harnesses were different, but wasn’t sure how. From his pictures I cannot see the overhead console/cubby.

My guess is it’s an XLT that someone swapped lariat door panels and seats into.

Going to get ahold of a contact I have at the local Ford shop when I get back to town this evening and see if he can pull the build sheet for me to find out for sure.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Got the build sheet emailed to me a little bit ago. It is a lariat trim built with manual climate controls. It is a job1 2005 model. Build sheet lists all of the options I see in the pictures.

Looks legitimate, and factory. I never would’ve guessed it without seeing that build sheet.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yeah I knew that the boxes and harnesses were different, but wasn’t sure how. From his pictures I cannot see the overhead console/cubby.

My guess is it’s an XLT that someone swapped lariat door panels and seats into.

Going to get ahold of a contact I have at the local Ford shop when I get back to town this evening and see if he can pull the build sheet for me to find out for sure.

What do the fender emblems say? That’d be a real quick way, don’t think most people would think to change them…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Got the build sheet emailed to me a little bit ago. It is a lariat trim built with manual climate controls. It is a job1 2005 model. Build sheet lists all of the options I see in the pictures.

Looks legitimate, and factory. I never would’ve guessed it without seeing that build sheet.

Custom ordered and optioned. Some people like weird things lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Well I brought it home with me yesterday...

Truck is clean. Couple small door dings but that’s it. Interior is in pretty good shape, has the typical rub spots on the lower parts of the seats, and the drivers heated seat doesn’t work. Needs tires and shocks.

Engine has been studded and lost some items, and normal oil system repairs. Warren 175/30 injectors and toons. Have some bolt on parts stashed in my garage that it’ll get. Needs new glow plug harnesses. No other leaks.

I’ll get it off the trailer and cleaned up a bit to snap some pics soon.

Latest posts

Members online