08 6.4 TMPS shutdown loophole found

Cncmachinist

Reaction score
Ok let me start this off by saying im NOT and expert by any means also NOT exactly sure how I got this to work but it did. Alright so I got a set of used wheels and tires from my buddy's 05 superduty a few months ago they have no sensors in them and I was too cheap to bother getting the sensors out of my factory rims ( was waiting to just buy new tires) But onto the point i was screwing around in the fuse box 2 weeks ago to get the 12v key on power for the airbag system. I ended up playing around with 5 or 6 fuses trying to get the best solution for key on power. I wanted to make sure so I gave it 2 weeks a few re-tunes with the spartan as well and disconnecting the battery's to make sure this wasn't a fluke. The point of all this is when I was done with the airbag and compressor stuff my TMPS light was off no chimes or warning on the dash about it any more, So I know the TMPS circuit isn't listed in the owners manual but it has to be linked to one of the fuses I messed with. Someone with more knowledge in auto electronics might be able to elaborate better and actually figure out what I did to shutdown or reset the system, I don't have the H&S tool or a tuner friendly dealer they've told me to take a hike twice about the sensors and whatnot.

The fuses I messed with are as follows

fuse #1 taken out and put back-30A spare
fuse #2 taken out and put back-15A spare- fuse #2 is tapped for my cb radio
fuse #19 25A spare was removed and used in fuse #27 slot
fuse #27 20A I screwed it up and the 20A fuse was loose in the socket so I switched it with the 25A spare from slot and bent the legs slightly to keep the fuse from loosing contact ( the truck would die out) fuse #27 is the ignition switch feed circuit
fuse #44 10A run/start customer PTO circuit- has the airbag compressor/controller tapped to it

so hopefully within the army there is someone that really knows what the hell I did to kill the TPMS system but it worked I haven't had the idiot lights or chimes come back on since I screwed with the wiring but it did work and I am sure glad the light is off. So there is a loophole here it just takes someone smarter than me to know what I did to find it.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Would like to know this myself. The 08 i just bought has the warning light on and the warning on the display. Truck is all stock.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I would love to know more about this as well. My TPMS light started coming on after I had my tires rotated about a month ago. I'd love to disable it altogether. Such a useless system in my opinion. Seems crazy to buy a $200 H&S tool to do something so simple.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the tool isn't $200, but I've repeatedly offered to adjust/disable TPMS for Houston area members free of charge

Garrett_123

Reaction score
Anyone here rent their H&s shut off block out for the Tmps? I’m in Minnesota willing to pay shipping and something for renting it

Latest posts

Members online