2000 F250 power mod combo, suggestions?

vegoilrecycler

Reaction score
My truck is overdue for some upgrades and I would really value some insight from 7.3L owners who have been down this road already and learned from the experience.

I'm seriously considering a WW2 or GTP38R, mild or hybrid injectors, and tuner or chip. I'll be updating my DiProCol gauges to ISSPRO EV2's before making the power mods.

My goal is to see some modest HP (400) and torque gains without wrecking MPG's or reliability. Currently, I'm confused by all the programming knowledge there is to digest here but I hope to be able to wrap my head around it without a total meltdown.

My truck is a daily driver with once or twice a month duties hauling construction materials on a trailer.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
My truck is overdue for some upgrades and I would really value some insight from 7.3L owners who have been down this road already and learned from the experience.

I'm seriously considering a WW2 or GTP38R, mild or hybrid injectors, and tuner or chip. I'll be updating my DiProCol gauges to ISSPRO EV2's before making the power mods.

My goal is to see some modest HP (400) and torque gains without wrecking MPG's or reliability. Currently, I'm confused by all the programming knowledge there is to digest here but I hope to be able to wrap my head around it without a total meltdown.

My truck is a daily driver with once or twice a month duties hauling construction materials on a trailer.

Hi I got my 7.3 making 450-475 HP is a 1999.5 SCSB XLT this is what I got in it.

GTP38R W/ WW2 EBPV Delete Pedestal

Swamps Stage 2 injector (160/100's)

Swamps (High Voltage High Frequency IDM)

Airdog 100 (For fuel filtering Purposes only)

Beans Diesel Fuel Tank Sump

PHP Hydra with Swamps Tunes (200 Nozzle hybrid injector Tunes)

TE - T500 HPOP

Glowshift Gauges

6637 intake

MBRP 4in Turbo Back Exhaust

While you have the Valve covers off you might want to install new valve cover gaskets and new UVCH harnesses

Again making around 450 -475 truck is a daily driver get MPG's better than it was in stock form. Truck hauls my race trailer every weekend.

Jason

Reaction score
I wouldn't go touting you're making 450-475 witth 160cc's of fuel and a 38r, unless you have dyno/track numbers to back it up. No proof is spreading misguided information.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Whats with guys running those injectors putting "200% nozzle hybrid tunes". So when my stock tuning uses a pw value shared by a hybrid tuning strategy, im running hybrid tunes? :shrug: funny because the power is the same.

A 175/80 was a 400hp injector for me clean and 425 not so clean. But that was an unmodded oil or fuel.system and a 38r/4" exhaust with muffler.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Hi I got my 7.3 making 450-475 HP is a 1999.5 SCSB XLT this is what I got in it.

GTP38R W/ WW2 EBPV Delete Pedestal

Swamps Stage 2 injector (160/100's)

Swamps (High Voltage High Frequency IDM)

Airdog 100 (For fuel filtering Purposes only)

Beans Diesel Fuel Tank Sump

PHP Hydra with Swamps Tunes (200 Nozzle hybrid injector Tunes)

TE - T500 HPOP

Glowshift Gauges

6637 intake

MBRP 4in Turbo Back Exhaust

While you have the Valve covers off you might want to install new valve cover gaskets and new UVCH harnesses

Again making around 450 -475 truck is a daily driver get MPG's better than it was in stock form. Truck hauls my race trailer every weekend.

I like this package for your goals as well. :fordoval:

vegoilrecycler

Reaction score

V-Ref

Reaction score
Some have reported better performance (responsiveness, peak boost, less surge, back pressure to boost ratio) from their GTP38R by replacing the factory compressor wheel.

I would ask for the mass (weight) of the specific wheel your looking to purchase and compare it to a factory one. I would consult Barders or Dieselsite or other respected vendor prior to purchase (no eBay) and ask their opinions if a rebalance was a good idea.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Whats with guys running those injectors putting "200% nozzle hybrid tunes". So when my stock tuning uses a pw value shared by a hybrid tuning strategy, im running hybrid tunes? :shrug: funny because the power is the same.

A 175/80 was a 400hp injector for me clean and 425 not so clean. But that was an unmodded oil or fuel.system and a 38r/4" exhaust with muffler.

Secret LOL. Gotta get the 7.3 on the dyno soon LOL. My tunes are written for strictly 200 nozzle hybrid injectors. Me and Dave didn't know if it was going to even run or even run so good as it is LOL. I basiclly went like this my truck was running like Cr** tune after tune reversion I ended up with these tunes. So whatever's I gotta get the truck on the dyno someday. on the island I live on there is only one or two dyno's and their always booked up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thats fine, it just doesnt really make sense to me. Ive heard a lot of stuff in the last ten years but this.seems like the new "stacked chips".

How is the truck on the street with your mods?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Thats fine, it just doesnt really make sense to me. Ive heard a lot of stuff in the last ten years but this.seems like the new "stacked chips".

How is the truck on the street with your mods?

Perfect not smokey its clean and lots of power. 35 PSI trans shifts good not slipping anymore. Just think about it this way I smoked my friends 6.0. he has powermax turbo banks intercooler and pipes IDP X Race tune Swamps 58 V FICM and PHP 100 HP ficm tune and the necessary bolt ons exhaust cai etc. We both started from a stop.

thuglike

Reaction score

Shoot me a PM or call me. I will put a killer package together for you to reach your 4-450 hp goal. From tuning, turbo, injectors and hpop we'll get you a clean, reliable set-up.

Jason

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hey J, can Jon get me files for my injectors I.ordered from Tim? I think Im losing one of the stockers. I didnt want to run them until early spring when I anticipated having my valvetrain and trans beefed up but i may NEED some sub 400hp files just to "get by" until.winters over. Or maybe all six and ill just have to remember not to piss with the last two orthree.

What do you think? Be 250/200 from tim, srp1.1, irate fuel, 38r with billet wheel and no studs/springs/p-rods. And the trans is kinda bla.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It's the new 'pringle' file .. You're welcome. LOL

Thats what I was looking for! I was gonna say edge and bullydog stacked but not the right shiz. The pringles mod is.it!

Good pull!

No offense to that guy but a 175/30 will make.about what a 160 will with and 80 or 100 percent nozzle so I dont.care what magic tune is in there. Without letting the smoke.go bananas in the hot tune, my 175/80s made 405hp. Anything above 425 and the 38r wasnt cleaning it up all the way. I think a smaller rolling stock would have mitigated that but still, those things were never gonna do 450+ in my truck. In my world the 100% nozzle added 7hp on the dyno. The best increase was right at 430 on the dyno.

I think most can expect right around 425 out of a 175/80-100. 160 id say less. Hell some guys are making 450ish with 238/100s. A 160/anything isnt a 450hp injector, sorry if that nothers anyone. I tried two different tuners on both sets of nozzles too.PHP ran the best.

thuglike

Reaction score
Hey J, can Jon get me files for my injectors I.ordered from Tim? I think Im losing one of the stockers. I didnt want to run them until early spring when I anticipated having my valvetrain and trans beefed up but i may NEED some sub 400hp files just to "get by" until.winters over. Or maybe all six and ill just have to remember not to piss with the last two orthree.

What do you think? Be 250/200 from tim, srp1.1, irate fuel, 38r with billet wheel and no studs/springs/p-rods. And the trans is kinda bla.

Give me a call on Monday!!