2008 Dually 35"

genie144

Reaction score
So my business has expanded into doing more work on tow vehicles and came across a smoking deal on Mickey Thompson Baja Legend EXPs in 35x12.5x20. I am putting them on the shop truck and need to order new rims to fit them. This is the shop/work truck and has spent more time on the road hooked to a trailer (bumper or goose) than without a trailer. I had planned to do a leveling kit rather than a lift. I was speaking with the folks at the Rim manufacturer and they have a set of 20s that will work but with different offsets for stock/leveled or lifted. The guy I was talking to was pretty emphatic that I would need "at least" a 4" lift to clear the 35s.

So the question... Can I run a leveling kit and clear 35s without rubbing or destroying the tires? Or do I need to look at a 4" lift?

Thanks
Sam

Diesel625

Reaction score
A 35 will fit with a leveling kit without any issues. The rears will work with a 2-3” spacer, depending on width. Some 12.50s run narrow, others are wider. I had 35x12.50r17 Toyo mts on my 06 with a 2.5” icon spring, and 2” rear spacers. Never had any rubbing. I later upgraded to the icon 4.5” kit just for looks.