2008 F250 6.4 powerstroke code P087

Rollincoal

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been experiencing some drivability issue with my truck for about 5 months now. Truck is ******d, H&S mini-max tuner, AFE cold air intake and straight piped ***. I do warm up on a cold start to 105 degrees. I hit the road, cruising till normal temps are reached 180-200. Once I get into the throttle to pass or speed up getting on the freeway, the truck fall flat on its face. No power. No CEL on the dash, only stored in the H&S mini-max tuner P087 low fuel rail pressure. Factory fuel pressures look to be ok. Funny thing is, I seem to only have this issue when its cold out, a few times in the 80 degree weather. Az, Ca, Nv summers are pretty hot so no issues. When its cold 70s and lower the truck acts up. I also have noticed the cruise control stopped working as well when the code appears. I can reset the code and sometimes it'll stay off and some times it will come right back. Extremely strange, I read and heard of people changing the entire fuel system (everything) and still having the issue. In my experience that should mean a reflash, if it persists than PCM replacement is required. :fordoval: any insite on what maybe causing it please let me know.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There is a tsb to reprogram for it, if that doesn’t work, or there is no program available, I have had good luck with frp sensors and under valve cover harnesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rollincoal

Reaction score
Thanks for the update @6.0 tech, I will pull the cover and check the fuel pressure regulator and change. I’ll also see about getting it reprogramed. Then go from there.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I thought the reprogram was for the 088 code which is FRP too high.

However with an 87 code I always start with a sensor and valve cover harness.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
But I also take a fuel sample at the rail. If any metal, which there probably will be, then it's pretty much fuel system time.

Racer71

Reaction score
If you have a reflash done you will lose your ****** if you don’t have the tuner truck was tuned with.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I thought the reprogram was for the 088 code which is FRP too high.

However with an 87 code I always start with a sensor and valve cover harness.

Ah ****, you’re right, that’s my bad…

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I just don't want him reflashing and wiping his toon out

Rollincoal

Reaction score
The toon is preset from H&S. In order to reflash the ECM I have to disconnect the tooner from the OBD port. This will allow the dealership to connect and reprogram the factory computer. After that I reconnect my tooner and Im good to go.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I can save my toon before the reprogram

You would have to return to stock thru the h&s otherwise it will still think it’s downloaded on the truck. You will also have to do this at the dealer cause it will most likely not start, and if it does start will be derated

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.