2016 death wobble

DoubleLung

Reaction score
Truck has 16600 miles On it and has progressively gotten worse in the last week or so. Under acceleration if you hit a bump what so ever it will start to shake violently to the point its threw all the weights off the front wheels. Anyone one else have this problem? Setup is 2.5" up front on 37x12.50 trail grapplers on stock wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David1089

Reaction score
Are all the bolts been retorqued to spec since the leveling kit? Not saying that's the problem just process of elimination you know. Front end aligned?

DoubleLung

Reaction score
Yes all was factory installed. Balance and rotation as well as alignment just done.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Track rod joint on the lower end (axel end) bad or the bolt on the top(frame side) wasn't tightened enough, those things have to get tightened to like 425 ft lbs. Does it have a drop bracket to re center the axle on the track bar check all that too if it does.

DoubleLung

Reaction score
Okay so after talking to some people I think I'm going to push for adjustable track bar. Do y'all think this will be the best fix?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Okay so after talking to some people I think I'm going to push for adjustable track bar. Do y'all think this will be the best fix?

It will re center the axle but if the track rod ball joint is bad then that will need to be replaced.

DoubleLung

Reaction score
Gonna have dealer install to Carli commuter kit to hopefully solve Anymore issues

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Make sure they check that joint, No lift replaces it its a ford part that just sucks. On a side not you are gonna love the ride with the Carli kit on the truck.

Latest posts

Members online