2019 F350 Platinum doesn't like being wet

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I recently moved into a 2019 F350 Platinum after a rollover just before Christmas sent my 05 F350 to an early grave. Being the Platinum it's got all the whiz bangs such as BLIS, 360° cameras etc. I've noticed when driving in rain and/or wet conditions I have a couple of issues, one being that the tail lights tend to think there is something in the way even when there isn't when reversing, and I've also had problems with the "trailer connected" and "trailer disconnected" messages popping up repeatedly while driving. I'm going to unplug all the connections underneath and make sure they are clean as well as apply some dielectric grease - may do the tail light connections as well. Is there anything else I should look into?

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Any aftermarket lighting tied into the OEM wiring? Hasn't ever been hit in the back?

No aftermarket lighting currently, no evidence that I've seen so far of any being installed previously (I just bought the truck on new year's eve). Truck has never been in an accident according to the CARFAX when I bought it. I do have the factory 5th wheel/gooseneck prep package.

SDER1

Reaction score
May have to lower your spare, but there is a gray bulk connector on inside of passenger side framerail to check. Ensure it is clean and dielectric grease it. This connector has been known to cause electric gremlins 17 to 19 dutys.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

wikd1

Reaction score
Yep. What SDER1 said. I had the same issues with my 17 and found water in that plug. Blew it out dry with compressor and dielectric greased it. No more issues.

Latest posts

Members online