4r100 Probelms

47knights

Reaction score
So the other day I was changing out my transfer case as I made a mistake and didn't put red thread locker on the old one and it just kinda fell off on the interstate. Anyways get the T-Case changed and I drove it around for a few days and something felt funky when I pulled into my driveway. So like any smart person, I tried to do a burnout and I heard a sort of poof noise and now I can only move forwards in 2nd gears, no 1st or reverse, any ideas? The unit is a reman from ford with less than 10k miles. Not showing any codes on a regular obd2 scanner might need to borrow a scanner for codes but was wondering if anyone knew what most likely broke.

Reaction score
It is toast.
Has to be rebuilt.
You buy the parts and tools that I tell you to get, I will guide you. I am a professional diesel and hydraulics mechanic. I’m having to work 7 days a week. I’m not always available to help instantly here and will help here. I do do phone consultations.

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Agree, something broke internally. Has to come apart. Not sure if the transfercase could have been the root cause or not.

47knights

Reaction score
It is toast.
Has to be rebuilt.
You buy the parts and tools that I tell you to get, I will guide you. I am a professional diesel and hydraulics mechanic. I’m having to work 7 days a week. I’m not always available to help instantly here and will help here. I do do phone consultations.
Alright thanks for the help and sorry for the late response. What would you recommend buying? I have a decent amount of tools I’ve just never opened up a transmission any deeper then to change solenoids.

Latest posts

Members online