97 wont start

FORD7.3

Reaction score
wait to start light come on?? if not check fuse number 22 i think it is behind your intake, should be a 30amp maxi fuse... controls the fuel bowl heater and idm.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
wait to start light come on?? if not check fuse number 22 i think it is behind your intake, should be a 30amp maxi fuse... controls the fuel bowl heater and idm.

Horible configuration. If the fuel bowl heater takes a **** and blows the fuse, BOOM no IDM.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
And if that don't work check your hpop res. If it is low fill with oil and make sure fuel bowl has fuel in it before cranking

Reaction score
Check your fuel bowl wiring harness again and make sure the wiring is in good shape. Fuel does nasty things to wiring insulation causing shorts and such. Again, make sure the IPR is in fact connected. If you have to check the IPR wiring at the fuel bowl harness connector (passenger side of the fuel bowl) to make sure that the IPR coil circuit is not open. Also you may want to fill the fuel bowl with fuel too. Cheers!

Nic

Reaction score
maybe the start solenoid? i know thats far fetched from the work youre doin here but did u try to jump it across the solenoid? sometimes its the simplest of things..sorry if i questioned yalls intelligence

FORD7.3

Reaction score
stupid thing but is your fuel bowl full???? when i did mine i had to fill it back up manually for it to fire off.... the mechanical pump should be able to fill it then fire but hey never hurts!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.