aftermarket wheels

248superduty

Reaction score
So Im looking at getting a set of new wheels but all the ones i like have center caps that are bolted to the wheels and cover up the lock out hubs. My lock out are only manual so how does everyone get around this besides removing the center cap every time you need to lock in the hubs?

zshier17

Reaction score
i've seen someone put like a hex grommet in the hub handle, and then drill a small hole in the cap and use a t-handled hex driver. lol seems like a lot of work to me, but it worked.

matt92idi

Reaction score
On Fuel wheels center section of the caps will pop out of them. I think some of the xd wheels do it too

04 f350

Reaction score
How often are you using 4x4? I hardly ever use mine but a few times a year I would just take them off when need be unless your having to lock them every other day for some reason. I threw mine away honestly I liked the way they looked without them better than when they were on

248superduty

Reaction score
I dont use 4x4 very much but when i need it i really need it. usually i can get through what ever in 2wd. Mostly use it in winter and I just keep the hubs locked the entire winter. Now my next question is should I get a -24 offset on a 20x10 or a -44 offset on a 20x12? I believe the -44 is going to have the tire stick out more but how much more? The tires will either be a mitchelin 40x13 20 or a 40x15.50 20. I like them to stick out but not the entire tire. thanks yall for the info.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I dont use 4x4 very much but when i need it i really need it. usually i can get through what ever in 2wd. Mostly use it in winter and I just keep the hubs locked the entire winter. Now my next question is should I get a -24 offset on a 20x10 or a -44 offset on a 20x12? I believe the -44 is going to have the tire stick out more but how much more? The tires will either be a mitchelin 40x13 20 or a 40x15.50 20. I like them to stick out but not the entire tire. thanks yall for the info.

The 20x12s will stick out approximately 2in further then the 20x10s. It really depends the look you are going for but IMO I would run the 12" wide wheel with the 13" or 15.5" wide tires. Let me know if you need pricing on wheels. We carry most every brand and have great pricing. We can also answer your fitment questions.

248superduty

Reaction score
The 20x12s will stick out approximately 2in further then the 20x10s. It really depends the look you are going for but IMO I would run the 12" wide wheel with the 13" or 15.5" wide tires. Let me know if you need pricing on wheels. We carry most every brand and have great pricing. We can also answer your fitment questions.

Gonna take a look around your website and then shoot ya a pm. Thanks! Also since we both have the same first name do i get an extra discount :D

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Gonna take a look around your website and then shoot ya a pm. Thanks! Also since we both have the same first name do i get an extra discount :D

Only wheels we have on the site right now are American Force. If you are interested in other brands give us a shout at the shop: 267-935-9755 we can help you out.

248superduty

Reaction score
Ok cool. I looked on the site and was like dang i cant afford any of these wheels. Ill be sending you a pm here shortly. also best way to balance a 40" military tire? Beeds? weights?

248superduty

Reaction score
Cant decide between these two wheels. What would you chose?

Attachments

• Fuel_2Hostage_full_11.jpg
    Fuel_2Hostage_full_11.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Fuel_Beast_full_17.jpg
    Fuel_Beast_full_17.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 65

248superduty

Reaction score
You think so Josh? My only thing with them is they are a 2 piece wheel? What does that mean? Or does that change anything for mounting tires on them and mounting them on the truck? I work on split rim, Demountable flange and one piece wheels but dont know anything about these wheels.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
You think so Josh? My only thing with them is they are a 2 piece wheel? What does that mean? Or does that change anything for mounting tires on them and mounting them on the truck? I work on split rim, Demountable flange and one piece wheels but dont know anything about these wheels.

No, it means nothing as far as mounting, balancing, etc... It just means that the wheel is two piece construction. The barrel of the wheel and the face. They are bolted together with I want to say 40 allen head screws from the back. It is just a different way to make a wheel. I forget what size you said you were leaning towards but fuel did just come out with the Hostage 3 which is a one piece cast version of the hostage 2. It is only available in limited sizing though. Feel free to give us a call, we can answer any questions about wheels, models, sizing, etc... 267-935-9755.

junglejoe

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who noticed that about the center caps...lol I WAS going to cut the center out of mine, but then I thought, all the trash and mud from rainy days will get stuck in there, so I just left them alone. Came with an allen key to pop them off if I ever need to lock it in

248superduty

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one who noticed that about the center caps...lol I WAS going to cut the center out of mine, but then I thought, all the trash and mud from rainy days will get stuck in there, so I just left them alone. Came with an allen key to pop them off if I ever need to lock it in

Haha yea it has kept me from buying the "bling" wheels for a long time. I guess I will see what i come up with when i get wheels this time. And the wife says no to the Hostages so i will be getting the other ones. Also have another question. Im going to be running 40x13 20's. They are military XL's. Whats everybody doing to balance big heavy tires? I have done beads but not on a truck that is mostly on road. Does it work? How well? Amount of beads to use?

Latest posts

Members online