BTS issue

Reaction score
like the title says I think I broke something in my BTS last night. I Basically felt something POP. In all gears the truck wont even try and move, But I can hear the Trans go into Gear when I put it in reverse and Drive (Rpms drop slightly). My first impression was the output shaft broke, so I took off the T case and it appears to be intact. T case is also not broken. I think I did the impossible by breaking this thing.. And trans probably has 20K on it, Fluid is red. If anyone has any ideas or had a similar experience with a BTS let me know. Thanks

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Couple easy things to check, fluid filled to proper level and how do things inside the inspection cover look?

If its low on fluid it will do exactly what your describing. Maybe the cooler is plugged to?

Reaction score
Couple easy things to check, fluid filled to proper level and how do things inside the inspection cover look?

If its low on fluid it will do exactly what your describing. Maybe the cooler is plugged to?

Inspection cover showed nothing abnormal. and the fluid is good, There is no leaks at all. I have a Tru cool Cooler mounted infront of the bumper, It never gets above 150 degrees.

Reaction score
I thought I may have broke my flex plate but its solid. I felt something Give while I was driving. Its really weird.

MossBack

Reaction score
I know it is a pain but pull the Torque Convertor and see if you broke the input shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I know it is a pain but pull the Torque Convertor and see if you broke the input shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I very well may have but here's why I don't think It broke. I can feel the trans go into gear when I shift it. So wouldn't that mean its most likely not broken? Then again I'm no expert on transmissions at all. :doh:

Reaction score
Got the transmission back today. Apparently The intermediate shaft snapped. Brian said everything else looked brand new. He is also sending the shaft out for a metal analysis to see if the heat treatment was not done right.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Happy to hear he takes care of his customers like this bc I'm heading out to get mine installed on Monday! Glad to hear you got it back quickly.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
same thing happened to mine and thats also what he said about the heat treament. curious what what he found out as mine was almost 3 months ago that he said that. Glad it got fixed