Carli or fox tuned shocks

Reaction score
I am wondering if there would be any ride quality differences between carli tuned fox shocks and just the standard fox shocks?

I have a rough country 1.5" leveling springs up front and stock blocks in the rear.

I bought a set of fox resi 2.0 shocks awhile back for my truck to get rid of the stock shocks and help improve my ride. It helped but the ride quality is still poor. I know that a 1 ton is not going to ride like a Cadillac or anything but damn it's still rough at times.

I am going to upgrade my leveling kit to either icon 2.5" springs or go with carlis 2.5" springs. I seen that carli offers a package deal with springs and fox shocks and was thinking about buying the package and upgrade the shocks to go with the springs.

If any one has the carli tuned shocks I'd love you hear opinions on them and if it would be worth my time and money to buy the package from carli or just stay with the my standard foxes.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I'm running the backcountry with the deavers and fox2.0 resis. It rides amazing on the street and good off road. I can't compare to anything else but stock and we all know stock sucks.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapathatass

sootie

Reaction score
∆∆∆ what he said-my experience exactly. Carli valved shocked are night and day different than stock fox valving. We'll worth the money imo. One this to remember is the Carli valving is designed to work with the Carli spring rates so I wouldn't mix and match manufacturers.

For the best ride, you need to do the full deavers in the rear however if you tow, airbags are a necessity. The Carli add-a-packs are a nice compromise and save you a bit of money. If you go the airbag route, do the Daystar cradles so you don't kill the awesome ride you just installed lol

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
What Sootie said 100%. Might check the Carli thread over on .morg. They have some decent info in it. Wheel/tire sizes and air pressures, etc. to get the most out of it.

Reaction score
So basically if I go with carli springs I'd be better off buying the fox shocks to pair with it.

I would like to be able to add the deavers and bags in the read but my truck funds won't allow me to do that now. If I did the deavers I would have to put bags in the rear bc I tow quite a bit around the farm.

What if I would go with Icon springs? Would I be alright with the fox shocks now or would I be better off going a different route?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So basically if I go with carli springs I'd be better off buying the fox shocks to pair with it.

I would like to be able to add the deavers and bags in the read but my truck funds won't allow me to do that now. If I did the deavers I would have to put bags in the rear bc I tow quite a bit around the farm.

What if I would go with Icon springs? Would I be alright with the fox shocks now or would I be better off going a different route?

carli shocks are valved for their springs. if you go icon springs, you can go for the standard fox, but icon shocks would be the better choice for sure. hit me up either way , i'll get you taken care of .

Reaction score
I guess I should have put this is the suspension section so if any mod would want to move it over there for me that would be great.

So carli valved shocks and tuned for their spring. That being said does the same go for Icon? They have packages where you can add shocks to their springs.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I guess I should have put this is the suspension section so if any mod would want to move it over there for me that would be great.

So carli valved shocks and tuned for their spring. That being said does the same go for Icon? They have packages where you can add shocks to their springs.

Commuter 2.0s are tuned for Carli coils, Icon shocks are tuned for Icon Coils, Fox 2.0s are just set generic. If you want the best ride possible, get shocks tuned for specific coils. Like Mike said, hit him or me up, we can get you squared away either way!

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
I just installed 2.5 Carli coils and Carli tuned Fox shocks and I'm glad I went with the little pricier Fox's. It took me about three weeks to finally pull the trigger but my truck rides like a completely different vehicle. Looking to get the full leaf pack because I can feel the harshness from the rear. Don't do much towing now but if that changes I'll just put bags under it.

zgriff92

Reaction score
If you sell your 1.5" RC springs let me know because I'm interested .

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ford always

Reaction score
I am wondering if there would be any ride quality differences between carli tuned fox shocks and just the standard fox shocks?

I have a rough country 1.5" leveling springs up front and stock blocks in the rear.

I bought a set of fox resi 2.0 shocks awhile back for my truck to get rid of the stock shocks and help improve my ride. It helped but the ride quality is still poor. I know that a 1 ton is not going to ride like a Cadillac or anything but damn it's still rough at times.

I am going to upgrade my leveling kit to either icon 2.5" springs or go with carlis 2.5" springs. I seen that carli offers a package deal with springs and fox shocks and was thinking about buying the package and upgrade the shocks to go with the springs.

If any one has the carli tuned shocks I'd love you hear opinions on them and if it would be worth my time and money to buy the package from carli or just stay with the my standard foxes.
I had a 2020 F-350 with Carli tuned Fox 2.0 shocks and the ride was amazing. I now have a 2022 F-350 with Carli Leveling kit & Carli shocks and it too rides amazing BUT I believe the best thing you can purchase in addition to give your truck a mind blowing comfortable ride is the Carli torsion sway bar. It is a game changer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.