cknox121's slow build

Cknox121

Reaction score
Already have a turbo install kit.

Found a machine shop that can do my head for 500-600 for both. Does that seem about right or is that high? I called a couple and they all refered me to this specific shop.

Also got this quote from sunrise ford. Does this seem to be everything I need other then oil, tools, and new coolant?
9ete6yja.jpg

I also got him to add cab bolts to that quote as well.

Anything else I'm missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poglife

Reaction score
Price for the heads seems high. For resurfacing I usually pay 100-200 for both and 400 total with a valve job

Cknox121

Reaction score
Price for the heads seems high. For resurfacing I usually pay 100-200 for both and 400 total with a valve job

What I was thinking. Not many shops around me. Trying to find some others that are reasonably close.

That includes valve job and installation of new springs

Poglife

Reaction score
If they do quality work I wouldn't try to save a couple hundred bucks ya know? If that's your only option

Cknox121

Reaction score
Found a few more shops ranging from 250-475 for deck and flux, valve job and installation of springs on the heads

Still waiting to heard back from some vendors and parts to start arriving. Thinking mid march will be the surgery date if everything shows up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Update sorta

Took the truck to ford to get blend doors, steering wheel controls, and heated seats fixed under warranty. While it was in the had the diesel tech run a few test. Diagnostics came back clear, coolant came back clear with no exhaust gas contamination, and compression on all the cylinders was good.

He thinks the puking is due to excessive heat from running a higher tune??

Also got a set of ARPs in the mail the other day.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Update, decided against doing the 71. So I bought a 66 and put it on. Very happy with it.

Needs some custom tuning, and a muffler but over all I'm pleased. Will give a full review here soon after I get some miles on it.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Update, decided against doing the 71. So I bought a 66 and put it on. Veryd happy with it.

Needs some custom tuning, and a muffler but over all I'm pleased. Will give a full review here soon after I get some miles on it.

Latest posts

Members online