dead pedal

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
i have a dead pedal after about 2 mins of run time after I load up a tune from ********** diesel

if I put a tune in from jesse warren it runs fine

heres where it gets odd, the tunes I have from eric used to work just fine now they don't

I changed icp sensor and swapped pedal with a known good one

I also have a tbc fault on the dash that I cant clear

any help at all would be awesome

Extended Power

Reaction score
Ok....this is EXACTLY what has happened to me!
My tunes from Eric all have dead pedal now, where they all used to work 100%
Eric has been sending tune revisions to try and fix it, but nothing works.
Then literally today, I loaded the tune Jesse sent me when I bought my 330/150 injectors...works like a charm, no dead pedal at all????

Other thing I noticed was that the ICP pressure that the Edge CTS2 displays, compared to my Autometer HPO pressure gauge, is not the same.
CTS2 reads 1350psi at idle, Autometer reads 1000psi.
When I roll away from a stop, and accelerate a bit, Jesse's tune jumps to 2000psi, and the CTS2 remains at 1350psi. (Definitely has more hpo, as the smoke starts rolling out of the pipe.)

I even tried an old tune from Eric from back in 2012, same thing, just not as bad, but still there.
Jesse's is night and day different with "off the line" response.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Humor me and unplug or inspect EBP sensor pigtail. look for corrosion let me know what happens .

Not at home for awhile, but will try it when I return.
Do you want me to drive with it disconnected?

I did pull mine off and clean it but I didn't leave it unplugged while running. Did yours go dead pedal right away or did it take a few mins

After I installed the hybrid injectors is when everything seemed to go to sch!t.
First, I had two bad injectors, but since they were brand new, with new solenoid, I thought it had to be something else...so I tried several different tunes, from several different tuners.
All had the same miss.
Jesse was awesome enough to repair the injectors for me, even after my truck sat for over six months. Thank you Jesse!

When I got them back, and installed, truck fired up right away...little shake to it, but nothing like what it was before.
Went for a drive...got about 4 or 5 blocks from the house...going easy, as the truck was cold, and its a cold hearted b!tch for smoke when cold. (Under 180*F coolant temp.)
Got to a stop sign, stopped......and then tried to turn right...no go, nothing...good thing it was a bit down hill, as I coasted around the corner, and parked.
Pushed the pedal to the floor....nothing. (This was the first real dead pedal I had.)
Manually shifted into 1st gear, and it moved forward. Manually shifted into 2nd/3rd, and got home.
After many revisions, it still has a slight dead pedal. (After about 2-5 minutes of driving.) which gets me to the same stop sign every time.

Yesterday, I loaded up the tune Jesse sent me when he sold me the hybrids, and its night and day difference for off the line response.
I sent Eric an email, and he sent another tune to try, but, I'm not at home right now, so it will have to wait until I get home again.

Interesting that you have the same issue...I started a thread a few days before you did..."What causes dead pedal?"

06f250powerstroke

Reaction score
Very odd eric seems to be stumped as well

I have many miles on Jesses tune and a few dyno pulls works very nice
only thing I have found is erics tunes fuel much harder up top

Was going to try a pcm swap but now hearing your story it leads me to believe that it is in the tune

Latest posts

Members online