FICM tuner

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I bought 58v FICM with performance flash from Swamps a few years ago, would your FICM tuner do anything for me with that?

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
The FICM tuning actually does a lot more than just a voltage upgrade. If you have a healthy FICM, go for the FICM tuning first. It's the better choice. If you happen to need a FICM, you may as well go with an upgraded version.

Zmann

Reaction score
I believe He's asking if your FICm flash will
have any benefit to a Swamps 58 volt that has an existing "performance Flash "
installed
or would that Be a waste of money ?

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I believe He's asking if your FICm flash will
have any benefit to a Swamps 58 volt that has an existing "performance Flash "
installed
or would that Be a waste of money ?

Correct... Mainly, would it benefit me with all the mods I have in my sig?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Ok, sorry I understand now.

It really depends on which flash Swamps installed and which PCM tune you are running.

With our higher power Xtreme tunes, the milder flashes will work much better. For instance, the FICM flashes we offer for PCM tuning will only add 20-40hp or so on a stock truck. Once combined with PCM tuning, the power numbers will vary and I've seen as much as 80hp on our race truck. We have high power FICM flashes, up to 100hp, but they wouldn't be used on a truck with PCM tuning(SCT, etc.). They were some of the first style tuning built for the 6.0L trucks(2003), as we were learning.

With high power FICM tuning and high power PCM tuning, there's too much of the same type of changes. Basically 2+2=5. What's really happening is, the injector is trying to stay open too long and inject at the wrong time due to a mismatch in calculations.

In our finding's, our Performance or Inductive Heating Performance are the best match for most trucks.

That being said, if you have the lower power PHP FICM Tune from Swamps, you should be fine with any tuning.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online