Fuel system for 175/30’s

Strokersace

Reaction score
Well was going to put stock injectors back in the newly acquired 6.0, but after driving it a bit with the 175’s and the KC stage 2... I kinda like it! I may still take it back to stock but exploring options...

Fuel system is currently stock with the exception of a blue spring. Prior to the blue spring, pressure was tapering off under heavier throttle. Haven’t worked it over since putting the blue spring in. (Need to get my gauge hooked back up). Warren’s website says that these injectors need an aftermarket lift pump and reg return to supply enough fuel for them. I have a FASS and reg return that I was keeping for another project that I can certainly throw on it.

However, I was wondering if there was another combo/fuel system that would be better and more reliable in the long run? Say if a 6.7 pump was used, does one need the reg return? Or are there other options?

Thanks!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm really hoping fleece comes out with an in tank unit like they have for the Dmax and Cummins.

I also can't stand installing the other lift pumps...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
We use air dogs for the simplicity of install. Fass requires dropping the fuel tank, even if you run a sump, as that’s where their return is. Also, with a fass and regulated return you have to buy a new return fitting and spring to get the correct pressure. The factory tends to sit about 40 psi. The newer 4g air dogs we haven’t seen really any issues with. The older ones had all sorts of problems. I also recommend the driven regulated return over any of the other ones, as they seem to fit the best. I’ve put in sinister, xdp, and driven ones and by far the driven seems the best.

I hold about 60psi on my air dog, sump, and driven regulated return. The pump has been on probably 75k miles, the first one, not a 4g, took a shit at about 20k, but air dogs customer service was great and they warranties it out no issue, and didn’t want the old one back so my truck wasn’t down for really any more than the half hour or so it took to replace the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

co04cobra

Reaction score
Idk why in gods name anyone would want to put a pump in the tank…..I’ve mounted a 16 pump on a 17 truck to simplify the stupidity.

Anyway, I’m working on doing a 6.7 pump on my wife’s excursion but I am planning to run a regulated return with it. Because I have it laying around I’m planning to run a 6.4 fuel pick up in the tank to up the size of the draw straw.

Racer71

Reaction score
Actually use a fass with a g&r sump has return built in. As a former visteon engineer who did fuel system work I did my own regulated return on my 6.0 with a regulated return and a aeromotive A1000 pump plumbed back of heads for the return. There are plenty of options/ways to skin the proverbial cat. I did a fass on my 6.4 for quick install. I had a fuel pressure drop on my 6.0 as well with the blue spring until I built my own setup. It worked well and certainly proved itself.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Idk why in gods name anyone would want to put a pump in the tank…..I’ve mounted a 16 pump on a 17 truck to simplify the stupidity.

Anyway, I’m working on doing a 6.7 pump on my wife’s excursion but I am planning to run a regulated return with it. Because I have it laying around I’m planning to run a 6.4 fuel pick up in the tank to up the size of the draw straw.

Somehow I missed your post until now. Will the 6.4 pickup have to correct polarity for the the fuel gauge?

Do you plan on running the fuel bowl still?

The reg return and FASS I have is off an excursion that I bought for parts a few years ago. It’s a bowl d ele te setup, custom made I think.

Highly considering the 6.7 pump (not in-tank) for reliability and ease of finding filter, replacement parts, etc.

co04cobra

Reaction score
The polarity is different but the float is 2 small spot welds from your current one. Last 1 we did We transferred the sending unit from the 6.0 to the 6.4 and just respot welded it.

I do plan to or at least for now am planning to keep the fuel bowl and run it with a RR.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Somehow I missed your post until now. Will the 6.4 pickup have to correct polarity for the the fuel gauge?

Do you plan on running the fuel bowl still?

The reg return and FASS I have is off an excursion that I bought for parts a few years ago. It’s a bowl d ele te setup, custom made I think.

Highly considering the 6.7 pump (not in-tank) for reliability and ease of finding filter, replacement parts, etc.
That is the new go to. I would do that in a heartbeat.

Latest posts

Members online