HPOP Gauge

Sleeper71

Reaction score
I have just installed a Isspro HPOP Gauge. At idol it is 600lbs, cruising at 55 it is 1200lbs, WOT it is 2800 to 3000lbs. The truck is a early 99 with a 15 degree pump and PHP Hydra tunes. Stock injectors, stock turbo with WW2, and AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 intake. Truck runs great but it seems like the HPOP pressures are low. Are these pressures normal or do I need to dig into the truck fund deeper and buy a new HPOP? These readings are on the 80 HP tune.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Saving money is nice.

E99 F350/zf6/guages/arp/comp/stellite/ billet wheel/ bellowed... Need more fuel and more air.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
If you're holding 2800-3000 in a tune, depending on the pulse width with a 15* HPOP. Thats pretty good, especially with those split shots

bruce

Reaction score
Well without being able to see duty cycle it's hard to tell, but if it will maintain 3000 psi then it's doin better than most

Arisley

Reaction score
Yep, what they said.

Start from about a 40 MPH roll. Roll into the throttle to WOT. If it holds 3000 to say 80 or 90 MPH you are good. If it hits 3000 and starts to steadily drop, not so good.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Yep, what they said.

Start from about a 40 MPH roll. Roll into the throttle to WOT. If it holds 3000 to say 80 or 90 MPH you are good. If it hits 3000 and starts to steadily drop, not so good.

:whs:

Hitting 3000psi is pretty easy when smashing the throttle. Maintaining it is another story. If you are truly able to maintain that, your 15* HPOP is in great condition.

Also, watching duty cycle is a good thing to do. It will give you an indication of how hard your pump is working to keep up with the demand.

Sleeper71

Reaction score
To much optimism too soon. I done what Justin said tonight and it is not good. If I roll into it easy up to 65MPH it will hold 2900 psi. But if I stay in it WOT till about 85MPH it will drop off to 2300 psi. S#@*!

Sleeper71

Reaction score
Bad road test

On my first road test I did not push the truck hard enough to get the proper psi readings at WOT. I took it out and simply let off too soon, (snowing Ohio you know) thus no real drop in psi. If I hold it at about 3/4 throttle it stays at 2900 psi. Have no idea what the duty cycle percentage is but it is probably bad. What is weird is the truck runs pretty strong in my opinion. Only a little black smoke when you first get on it, otherwise it is clean all the way to 3500rpm. The injectors not putting out enough fuel and a rebuilt turbo with WW2 is probably the reason it is burning so clean. At least I have learned something about HPOP psi in the last day and it is going to cost 600+ bucks.

CurtisF

Reaction score
On my first road test I did not push the truck hard enough to get the proper psi readings at WOT. I took it out and simply let off too soon, (snowing Ohio you know) thus no real drop in psi. If I hold it at about 3/4 throttle it stays at 2900 psi. Have no idea what the duty cycle percentage is but it is probably bad. What is weird is the truck runs pretty strong in my opinion. Only a little black smoke when you first get on it, otherwise it is clean all the way to 3500rpm. The injectors not putting out enough fuel and a rebuilt turbo with WW2 is probably the reason it is burning so clean. At least I have learned something about HPOP psi in the last day and it is going to cost 600+ bucks.
What makes you think you need a new HPOP?

mandkole

Reaction score
^^ x2 with Curtis-- This is my thought also... This performance seems good and this pump seems better than most in the normal area of the trucks duty cycle. Those max effort, high PW files on splits will drop ICP, but you are likely not getting all the fuel out anyway. The truck would likely run just as well in a lower PW tune and not drop ICP.

Use the gauge now to monitor changes (degradation mainly) in performance.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Uh oh.....you need a pump. Not a big deal.

That Justin character can help you.

My shiny new t500 still doesn't keep up with my stupid injectors. Can't blame the pump though. Will blame the injectors. Holds more pressure than the stock pump though.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
My shiny new t500 still doesn't keep up with my stupid injectors. Can't blame the pump though. Will blame the injectors. Holds more pressure than the stock pump though.

I am assuming you are still using original injectors...

AD injectors with 200K on them are extremely oil hungry. Especially in most hot tunes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.