Intermittent fuel pressure

DIESEL6

Reaction score
Lets see if anybody can figure this one out-
2005 Ford 6.0-Fuel pressure from GlowShift gauges shows fuel pressure at about 60psi idling and driving. While driving, turning left or right, or even slowing down, the fuel pressure drops 5-10psi, and a few times to zero and truck stutters to shut off, and then jumps right back to 60psi. Ive even seen it jump from 60psi to 70psi. Now with that said, I have already replaced the Fuel Pressure Regulator (Blue Spring Twice), replacing my Air Dog with a FASS and I am using a Beans Tank sump for fuel and return. I have checked the bowl and it was empty, cranked the truck and it filled immediately but drained out on its own??? NO LEAKS......The truck runs good until all that happens. HELP!!!!

Racer71

Reaction score
Check the sender for bits of the strainer coming apart and clogging the lines. Also make sure the hfcm is constantly running. I’ve also seen one where the oring for the regulator seat was bad and wouldn’t hold pressure.

webb06

Reaction score
Check the sender for bits of the strainer coming apart and clogging the lines. Also make sure the hfcm is constantly running. I’ve also seen one where the oring for the regulator seat was bad and wouldn’t hold pressure.

He’s using a fass and sump. Good ideas to check for a stock truck though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
Lets see if anybody can figure this one out-
2005 Ford 6.0-Fuel pressure from GlowShift gauges shows fuel pressure at about 60psi idling and driving. While driving, turning left or right, or even slowing down, the fuel pressure drops 5-10psi, and a few times to zero and truck stutters to shut off, and then jumps right back to 60psi. Ive even seen it jump from 60psi to 70psi. Now with that said, I have already replaced the Fuel Pressure Regulator (Blue Spring Twice), replacing my Air Dog with a FASS and I am using a Beans Tank sump for fuel and return. I have checked the bowl and it was empty, cranked the truck and it filled immediately but drained out on its own??? NO LEAKS......The truck runs good until all that happens. HELP!!!!

I’d be checking your wiring. Or verifying that the fass isn’t shutting off when you’re losing pressure.

Do you still have the factory hfcm or Did you bypass it?

bismic

Reaction score
Draining out on its own isn't a huge deal.

How old is the FASS pump? They have had their share of issues over the years.

DIESEL6

Reaction score
I’d be checking your wiring. Or verifying that the fass isn’t shutting off when you’re losing pressure.

Do you still have the factory hfcm or Did you bypass it?

The factory pump is gone.

Latest posts

Members online