Kiss my ass

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If anyone EVER tells you upholstery on these trucks is easy you punch them square in the fuggin mouth.
I have all the tools and it's still kicking my ass.
Paying someone to finish it is looking better by the second.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
See everyone even if your tatted up, looking like a bad ass, 7' giant. You can't put seat covers on. Pass the job on to the guatamalan LOL

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
That's why I took mine to have it done...and the guy only charged me $200!!! Dropped it off at 9:45 and he was done by 11:30, never ever took the seats out!!!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Don...if you don't have a hog ring gun don't even try it.
I had to take everything apart down to the frame since I'm cutting off the armrest brackets.

If I had known I could get it done for 200 bucks we would t be having this conversation. LOL

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I had to take everything apart down to the frame since I'm cutting off the armrest brackets.

If I had known I could get it done for 200 bucks we would t be having this conversation. LOL

He probably got that done from a mexican LOL, in all seriousness hog ring pliers are cheap and easy to use. I use them everyday at work...

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I use them to make insulated pads at work...I have a pneumatic set. Makes life real easy.
All I have at home though is a hand set.
I'm bringing the good one home tomorrow and firing up the air compressor. lol

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I use them to make insulated pads at work...I have a pneumatic set. Makes life real easy.
All I have at home though is a hand set.
I'm bringing the good one home tomorrow and firing up the air compressor. lol

Ok fancy pants LOL.....

My job is cheap. We will use hog ring pliers for 500ft of fence. Just tough it out...

SINNER

Reaction score

How much to ship a seat to Texas....LMAO I will heed your advice on that one for certain. I drive past a shop 3 times a week and I will pay them a visit. Upholstery is one item on a vehicle I have no desire to learn. I would imagine it is one of those trades that the tricks learned over time are what makes or breaks a job.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I've always wanted to do some of this stuff on my own, looks easy on tv lol, let us know how tomorrow goes rich, i would like to have leather in my truck

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I had cloth, swapped in leather seats and now I'm redoing those in black cloth.
I can never make up my mind. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i dont mind the cloth too much, just like leather, if its too much work ill just leave them alone LOL

co04cobra

Reaction score
FWIW, I have replaced the hog rings in these and other seats with small zip ties to pull the covers tight. I am in no way a expert and just throwing a idea out there for some people that might try it themselves. For the most part upholestry work in general that I have done has been a PITA.

Latest posts

Members online