MPD Custom Tuning Review (Great Experience)

colecoop56

Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to throw out a little review about the new custom tuning being released by Maryland Performance Diesel. Over the last year and a half I have tried numerous custom tunes on my truck. I have even switched from H&S to SCT and then back to H&S to try and find the perfect tuning combination for my truck. Don't get me wrong I have found some great tuners and tunes a long the way, but for some reason I was never 100% happy and I always felt like my truck could feel quicker, drive smoother, shift better, and get even better mpg. I was recommended that I get in touch with Craig at MPD and man am I glad I did.

After I loaded up the first engine test tune that Craig sent over to me I knew that this was like no other tuning I had run before. Craig hadn't even messed with the power much of the tune but the truck felt so much quicker. I could tell my engine loved the tune. The power was there at every rpm in every gear and the smoke was slim to none.

After talking to him and giving him some feedback he had a new tune to me within a hour. This time he sent me a new engine file with the power bumped up a little bit a long with a transmission file. All I have to say is this transmission file is pure gold. I have tried over 20 transmission tunes on my truck and this one is absolutely perfect. It is smooth as can be when daily driving and its firm when you get on it. The torque converter lock ups are right were they need to be and you can tell its the most efficient my transmission has been at putting power to the wheels since I have owned the truck. The new engine tune is spot on. The truck spools quicker then it ever has and the power is almost immediate. I feel like my truck just gained an immediate 50 rwhp. Not even joking.

As far as MPG go..... I know everyone says its a truck why should you care about gas mileage. Hell to me if you can have a 8,000lb truck that can be fast, look beastly, and still achieve good gas mileage around town and on the highway then why wouldn't you? I basically work out of my truck and the more mpg i am getting, the more money I am saving. Before the MPD tune my truck was getting 13-14.5 mpg max city and around 17-17.5 hwy. I know thats not terrible but I am coming from a duramax that was getting 22mpg hwy consistently. With the new MPD tunes my truck is getting 16-17 city and around 20 hwy. This is hand calculated as well. My truck is a 2013 and I have never even been close to 20 mpg.

The transmission file along with the new engine file has made me love my truck 100% more. I recommend anyone who was like me and feels like there tuning could be just a little bit more refined or that your truck could drive better then it does to give Craig and the MPD guys a call. I really think yall would be shocked at how amazing these tunes are. I believe that MPD can tune with H&S or SCT and can custom tune 11-15 trucks. I want to thank Craig and MPD for there awesome customer service and badass tuning.

I want to point out that I am running a 2015 64mm streetmax on my truck currently, but they have tuning down no matter what turbo you are running.

Cole

Latest posts

Members online