Need help with my '06 6.0 - decision time.

El_Rey

Reaction score
My 2006 6.0 DRW KR (less than 75k miles) was stolen in August.

The b**tards used it to "steal something big" according to the cops. They abandoned it after a few days but still managed to do some damage.

Can someone give me a step-by step guide to what I should do next?

The rear bumper and bed are trash now. Of course the steering column is broken and the the door lock is busted. The batteries are dead and one of the oil lines to my BPD external oil cooler was taken :shrug:. I am going to send it to my local shop for them to do a diagnostic of the engine before I try and drive it. Insurance will give me over $15k if I to fix it myself (salvage title), or they will total it out for $21k.
What should I do? :fordoval:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Take the 15k and see what happens.

New bed $1800
Bumper get an aftermarket or 08 for few hundred.
Doubt any engine damage. They won't run when they are low on oil

dsberman94

Reaction score
Take the cash and get out of it. Not worth the headache. You already know they abused the hell out of it. Who knows what could go wrong down the road.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Since I’ve experienced this myself, they stole my 6.0 Harley and ran the dog sh!t out of it then parked it on train tracks. Take the 21k and put that towards a 6.7 or something else that you like.

03_PSD

Reaction score
Sucks that happened to you, but I'd take the money and put it towards a newer truck like the others mentioned.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I think you should send me pictures of its current condition. If I like what I see, I’d seriously consider buying it from you (if you wanted to hassle with it).

Latest posts

Members online