Need some advice, buying 6.4 with built engine

Iso-baric

Reaction score
I’ve heard mixed feedback on the Mishimoto oil coolers, particularly clogging easily even on engines that were properly flushed and running a coolant filter.
The quick and dirty way to “improve” heat exchanger performance is to increase surface area - which usually comes at the expense of reduced orifice size.
I’d check what your deltaT is once the thermostats are back in.

Racer71

Reaction score
I had a mishimoto in my 6.0 and it was ok, I was on my 2nd plugged oem in 200k. Regular flushes filtered etc. I only ran the mishi maybe 8 months before I got rid of the truck and it was doing ok on deltas but any of them will for awhile. I’d liked to have put some more miles on it and seen how it held up

tomlin

Reaction score
I will give you the best advise you can get. Don't buy it or any 6.4. Just don't. I am not saying this to be a Richard either. There's just too many things to put you in the poor house. Please don't get me wrong, I don't hate them. They make massive power, even stock. They just have inherent design flaws that cannot be overcome. Flaws that become more pronounced when you mod them. Ultimately, its your money.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
200.gif

Latest posts

Members online