New guy from Oregon

kdpearson

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the Ford Powerstroke world. I've owned a number of diesels (both cars and pickups) and still own a '93 Chevy dually 6.5l turbo and a '47 Ford pickup. I'm really interested in getting the 2010 Superduty on the road and retiring the dually. I just picked the Superduty up from auction. It was supposed to be running and driving however when I picked it up it ran on 7 cylinders and would only go forward and backward 'cause the steering box was broke. Not the greatest of beginnings... That said, I love putting things like this back together and making it work. I've started a thread on the repair of my new acquisition. I'm a retired IT guy and live on a ranch where my wife and I tend our horses and horse ministry, put up hay in the summertime, and I rebuild cars and trucks in my "spare" time.

kdpearson

Reaction score
Thank you! And thanks for asking.
The ministry is a work in progress. We currently have a couple kids that love horses and Jesus so we provide them horse time. The vision is to pair troubled kids with horses and counselors in a faith based environment. There is a similar ministry in eastern Oregon called Crystal Peaks and that is the direction we are heading.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Thank you! And thanks for asking.
The ministry is a work in progress. We currently have a couple kids that love horses and Jesus so we provide them horse time. The vision is to pair troubled kids with horses and counselors in a faith based environment. There is a similar ministry in eastern Oregon called Crystal Peaks and that is the direction we are heading.

Sounds like a plan to me. Are you tied in with any specific group, or doing this on your own?

kdpearson

Reaction score
At this point we are not tied to any specific group. We built a riding arena years ago and have horses that really need jobs so we started putting the pieces together and here we are. Our closest affiliation is Crystal Peaks as a Similar Ministry. They helped us by teaching us what they've learned building their ministry.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
At this point we are not tied to any specific group. We built a riding arena years ago and have horses that really need jobs so we started putting the pieces together and here we are. Our closest affiliation is Crystal Peaks as a Similar Ministry. They helped us by teaching us what they've learned building their ministry.

Sounds good. There is a need for good places for troubled youth.

Latest posts

Members online