No freaking way

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If you find some older posts I've pushed a revamp of the site for XF a loooong time ago. It's hard as hell to find threads with older format and also tagging goes a long way when trying to contact someone to ask about their build.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you find some older posts I've pushed a revamp of the site for XF a loooong time ago. It's hard as hell to find threads with older format and also tagging goes a long way when trying to contact someone to ask about their build.

So help me out here. I was looking over the traffic stats on PSA and noticed back in Jan 2018 is when things started to go down. Why was that, a mass exist or just falling behind on the times with old software?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
So help me out here. I was looking over the traffic stats on PSA and noticed back in Jan 2018 is when things started to go down. Why was that, a mass exist or just falling behind on the times with old software?
Like every forum I'm on.... Facebook killed it. Members who are forums enthusiasts are growing older, selling off projects, growing families. It's across the board every forum.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
My Chicago forum is struggling. We did a big update went to XF and are still messing with it. Losing lots of traffic to all other social outlets.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
There was/is Powerstroke Nation and Powerstroke.org.

This was kind of a sub culture of both of those it was way more intimate.
And we had way more actually experienced guys here working on these trucks.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We still have a few great active sponsors. Issue is the people are just hitting up their Facebooks and instagrams liking their posts there.

Younger generations do not know what forums are and the older guys just that, getting older and have other things to do.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
There was/is Powerstroke Nation and Powerstroke.org.

This was kind of a sub culture of both of those it was way more intimate.
And we had way more actually experienced guys here working on these trucks.

Yep, I know Mike owned Nation before selling it off, then started Army a few years later. Vertical scope owns both above and really don't put alot of energy into them. That's what I hope will be different here with PSA, as I am not a employ just watching over the site, I'm the owner.

FB did take away alot of members, but forums are still alive and well. I have seen several forums start from 0 posts and have become very active, so people still like using forums. We all know FB is horrible with keep content to search for and that's where forums excel. Also, to me forums to me feel more like a community then FB groups.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We still have a few great active sponsors. Issue is the people are just hitting up their Facebooks and instagrams liking their posts there.

Younger generations do not know what forums are and the older guys just that, getting older and have other things to do.

We will see if we can get PSA more activity soon. I know we may never hit the highs it had back in the day, but I believe with effort, PSA will be active again. This update will honestly help that for sure.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I agree with forums being better for almost everything.

It seems to be the struggle too is vehicle specific forums.

We had a Chicago SVT forum back in the 00s.

That's kinda very specific brand and it fizzled out.

We were acquired by a bigger forum that embraced all breeds(mostly 3800 platform and LS f body).

Now we have anything and everything from TV/Movies guns, politics, motorsports, fitness, sports health etc...

Sure we'll never hit the highs but quality not quantity.

Thank you for undertaking this.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with forums being better for almost everything.

It seems to be the struggle too is vehicle specific forums.

We had a Chicago SVT forum back in the 00s.

That's kinda very specific brand and it fizzled out.

We were acquired by a bigger forum that embraced all breeds(mostly 3800 platform and LS f body).

Now we have anything and everything from TV/Movies guns, politics, motorsports, fitness, sports health etc...

Sure we'll never hit the highs but quality not quantity.

Thank you for undertaking this.

I love this stuff! Definitely will be working to get more activity back here but of course will take time.

What Chicago forum you on?