over boost problem

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
Guys I need advice. I've got an 06' F250 with 110K on it. I've got an over boost issue no matter the program. I've got and SCT TSX and thought it was a program issue. So I returned it to stock with no avail. I've swapped the vgt solenoid and upgraded the oil feed tube to the solid line. Not sure if it's the EPS, the MAP sensor, or a flash issue. I'm getting like 11psi at 70mph. It sounds like a Jake brake on deceleration and the boost numbers never go to negative at idle like they did before the issue. Help!!

sootie

Reaction score
just a shot in the dark but sometimes a bad ebp sensor or a plugged ebp tube can cause codes like that.

Charles

Reaction score
I don't know anything about a 6oh.... but... making too much boost, sounding weird...

Have you verified that the vanes in the turbine housing are not stuck closed?

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
Yeah Charles. About 3 weeks ago I took the turbo off and cleaned it and checked the unison ring. It was dirty but not that dirty and everything moves easily in there.

Attachments

• 20130202_135125.jpg
    20130202_135125.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 38

Charles

Reaction score
Yeah Charles. About 3 weeks ago I took the turbo off and cleaned it and checked the unison ring. It was dirty but not that dirty and everything moves easily in there.

Well if you're satisfied that it's mechanically sound, then is the VGT solenoid possibly grounded to actuate? Like a PWM ground to close? If so.... do you have a chafe in that wire somewhere and it's grounding itself a little bit to the head or something, bypassing what the PCM is trying to do?

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
I can't find any broken/grounded wires. I know mine ran less than what it is now. I'm thinking it's the ebp sensor and or tube.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Have you removed it and cleaned it ever? Check it out, I found my wiring harness chaffed right there at one point, but I didn't have an overboost problem, my turbo would just shut down going down the road in overdrive.

texaslimeaide

Reaction score
I took a look at it right after I reconditioned the turbo. The tube was dirty so I cleaned it with a brake cable on a cordless drill. Then I cleaned out the sensor best I could using parts cleaner. Today I had to run to the hardware store and the truck seemed fine now. Ran like a beast and passed everything on the highway like out use to. Boost numbers were normal again...I think it knows I'm talking bad about it lmao.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.